HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #4 (closed)

• Cutter Gauthier - C/W

• Anton Silayev - D

• Ryan Leonard - LW

• Olen Zellweger - D

• Cayden Lindstrom - C/W

• Alexander Nikishin - D

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Shane Wright - C

• Simon Edvinsson - D

• Artyom Levshunov - D

• Will Smith - C

• Lane Hutson - D

• Danila Yurov - RW

• Tij Iginla - C/W

• Zeev Buium - D

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Macklin Celebrini - C:sharks18.35.
2. Matvei Michkov - RW:flyers19.36.
3. Ivan Demidov - RW:habs 20.37.

To add:
Sam Dickinson - D
Beckett Sennecke - RW
Mavrik Bourque - C
Matthew Savoie - C
Dmitri Simashev - D
David Reinbacher - D
Berkly Catton - C
Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW
Conor Geekie - C
Rutger McGroarty - RW
Daniil But - LW
Brad Lambert - C/W
Jiri Kulich - C/W
Nate Danielson - C
Dalibor Dvorsky - C
Denton Mateychuk - D
Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D
Jimmy Snuggerud - RW
Frank Nazar - C
Carter Yakemchuk - D
Cole Eiserman - RW
Konsta Helenius - C
Trevor Connelly - LW
Tom Willander - D
Marco Kasper - C
Callum Ritchie - C
Joakim Kemell - RW
Joshua Roy - RW
Brayden Yager - C
Quintin Musty - LW
Konsta Helenius - C
Tristan Luneau - D
Logan Mailloux - D
Andrew Cristall - LW
Brennan Othmann - LW
Jagger Firkus - RW
Easton Cowan - RW
Riley Heidt - C/W
Ivan Miroshnichenko - LW
Scott Morrow - D
Oliver Bonk - D
Noah Oslund - C
Josh Doan - RW
Theo Lindstein - D
Seamus Casey - D
Matthew Wood - RW
Zachary Bolduc - C
Mackie Samoskevich - RW
Colby Barlow - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 (closed) (summer 23)
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 22)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 21)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 20-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 19)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 18)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #48 (summer 17)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I took Cutter Gauthier and add Catton but really one could add any of 10 guys and pick 3 or 4 here for 4th spot as alot is about projection.

I just love Catton's profile and what he did in his draft year with very little help.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Smith and Gauthier? You mean the guys that Zeev Buium took to school in the national championship game?

Perhaps some of you can check your memory:

Buium is the best prospect in the poll.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Please elaborate.
apparently Lane Hutson is the 5th best prospect in the league to you AND the best defenseman prospect.

pretty simple.

So would he be 2nd in a 2022 redraft?

Where would he be in a 2023 redraft? Right behind Bedard?

This recent draft has to be the best ever because he'd only go 6th after Demidov right?

Do you actually think Smith is better then Hutson or did you put him above just to try and add legitimacy to your ranking?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
apparently Lane Hutson is the 5th best prospect in the league to you AND the best defenseman prospect.

pretty simple.

So would he be 2nd in a 2022 redraft?

Where would he be in a 2023 redraft? Right behind Bedard?

This recent draft has to be the best ever because he'd only go 6th after Demidov right?

Do you actually think Smith is better then Hutson or did you put him above just to try and add legitimacy to your ranking?
Yeah, I believe so. The mere fact that he's been nothing short of brilliant in the NCAA and dominated the play in the NHL at 20 years old on his (very small sample size) tells me he's the best D prospect right now that fits the criteria of the OP.

I never said he would be 2nd in a re-draft but given the fact that Nemec, Jiricek, Mintyukov and Korchenski are not eligible for this list then it makes him #1 in my mind, yes. The only reason he's just ahead of Leshunov for me right now is because he proved he can do what he does best in the NHL and Leshunov has not (yet).

This recent draft means nothing since Demidov went #5 and not #2 and yet he's ranked #3 here behind another prospect that was drafted #7 last year.

I do think that Smith is better. I voted Smith as #2 total ahead of both Michkov and Demidov. He's as good as any other elite prospect we have seen in the past 5 years.

Superlative Soup

Lights too bright
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yeah, I believe so. The mere fact that he's been nothing short of brilliant in the NCAA and dominated the play in the NHL at 20 years old on his (very small sample size) tells me he's the best D prospect right now that fits the criteria of the OP.

I never said he would be 2nd in a re-draft but given the fact that Nemec, Jiricek, Mintyukov and Korchenski are not eligible for this list then it makes him #1 in my mind, yes. The only reason he's just ahead of Leshunov for me right now is because he proved he can do what he does best in the NHL and Leshunov has not (yet).

This recent draft means nothing since Demidov went #5 and not #2 and yet he's ranked #3 here behind another prospect that was drafted #7 last year.

I do think that Smith is better. I voted Smith as #2 total ahead of both Michkov and Demidov. He's as good as any other elite prospect we have seen in the past 5 years.
You know your vote is public right? We can see you voted Demidov #2 over both of them :laugh:

No point fighting homerism. Just embrace it.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You know your vote is public right? We can see you voted Demidov #2 over both of them :laugh:

No point fighting homerism. Just embrace it.
I genuinely thought I voted Smith but cool. I still think Hutson should be #5 on that list and I have yet to hear any arguments as to why he shouldn't be. I guess that's where you jump in and explain your points as I have explained mine?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Just want to make you aware 2 games is not proof of anything.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just want to make you aware 2 games is not proof of anything.

Just so everyone is aware…. Gauthier is pacing for 82 assist in a full nhl seaosn…. If that sways the vote any

Tho I imagine that Montreal fan prob thinks 2 games is enough to tell, while 1 game isn’t

Also how are people pickling Hutson over buium lol

Reactions: MD93

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Went with Smith. Please add Parekh

Lots really high on Buium as well I see. I think Buium and Parekh are both going to outperform their draft position significantly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I noticed that too. Levshunov doesn't belong in a top prospects poll.

Hutson is better, though I'd have him closer to 10th-20th than 4th. Buium gives you the same offensive creativity as Hutson and is better at everything else.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I know it wasnt expected but how does Sennecke not end up on the options list; he went 3rd overall
1. he didnt get votes in the last poll, so I rotated him

2. a reach is a reach.... just beause Verbeek (ie. one GM) rolled the dice, it doesnt mean this pick is above the consensus 2024 draft prospects who were ranked 1-10 or so.

personally I dont think he should be ahead of the likes of: Levshunov, Lindstrom, Zuium, Dickinson, Parekh, Catton, Silayev, and maybe Iginla from the draft, and then below: Nikishin, Leonard, Yurov, Perreault, Bourque, Clarke, Hutson, probably a few others...... which still puts around the top 20-25

Last edited:

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
1. he didnt get votes in the last poll, so I rotated him

2. a reach is a reach.... just beause Verbeek (ie. one GM) rolled the dice, it doesnt mean this pick is above the consensus 2024 draft prospects who were ranked 1-10 or so.
If it was based on votes prior (though who was going to vote for him or an even more worthy prospect before the three that went) then fair enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad