HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #34 (closed)

• Conor Geekie - C

• Oliver Bonk - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Trevor Connelly - LW

• Oliver Moore - C

• Adam Jiricek - D (STL)

• Brayden Yager - C

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Josh Doan - RW

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - RW

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Dalibor Dvorsky - C

• Tristan Luneau - D

• Konsta Helenius - C

• Easton Cowan - RW

• Shakir Mukhamadullin - D

• Logan Mailloux - D

• Matt Savoie - C

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Zachary Bolduc - C

• Bradly Nadeau - LW

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• Frank Nazar - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Are we voting on SHL performance with zero context or NHL projection?
As far as NHL projection, I do value ASP's ceiling higher and think he's quite underrated due to not being at least 6'0 tall

Context:

Dvorsky - OHL first team all star; played on the worst SHL team by far. Not a good development opportunity for him, found a better fit in Sudbury

Sandin-Pellikka - SHL champion, Salming Trophy winner, played on a deep SHL team. Good development opportunity while playing easier ES minutes

And yes, I had ASP ranked higher pre-draft. Both players in their respective leagues played ended up on deep teams. I just have reservations about Dvorsky's NHL ceiling

Reactions: stl76

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Savoie yet again
I'm curious on the logic of this. I see you've voted Savoie a few times now.

What's the logic for voting him? He was outplayed by multiple of his teammates
including Yager who's a year younger and an available voting option.

As someone who watches him a lot, why vote him above his better teammates?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Dvorsky - OHL first team all star; played on the worst SHL team by far. Not a good development opportunity for him, found a better fit in Sudbury
The team was bad but he was a trainwreck regardless. It would have been one thing to excuse the fact he wasn't scoring. His complete lack of effort defensively, attempts to stickhandle through teams like he was in juniors, poor pace etc. can't be excused because of the team.

Sandin-Pellikka - SHL champion, Salming Trophy winner, played on a deep SHL team. Good development opportunity while playing easier ES minutes
What's your source for saying "easier" ES minutes? You're right that it's a good team, however it's also one of the most difficult defensive lineups and PPs in the SHL to earn opportunities on. I mean, he lost a lot of PP minutes to Pudas (two-time SHL d-man of the year) and Oskar Lindberg (250+ NHL games). On pretty much any other SHL team he'd have gotten top PP deployment all year.

It is hard for me to get excited for ASP when there's been such a parade of failed smallish Swedish D.
What if he was slovakian? Canadian? British?

His SHL season also was by far the most impressive out of any of the guys you're likely comparing against. When you score the most goals anyone your age has done in 40 years the counter being "he's swedish" rings pretty hollow.

Last edited:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
The team was bad but he was a trainwreck regardless. It would have been one thing to excuse the fact he wasn't scoring. His complete lack of effort defensively, attempts to stickhandle through teams like he was in juniors, poor pace etc. can't be excused because of the team.
You're right about that and is what I meant to expand on, but didn't want anyone to start arguing false counterpoints. At the time he was excused too much for his downright poor play. He simply just did not make any impact and was given enough opportunity to. In the OHL again I just don't like the pace he plays the game to think of him as a legit top NHL prospect at this point

What's your source for saying "easier" ES minutes? You're right that it's a good team, however it's also one of the most difficult defensive lineups and PPs in the SHL to earn opportunities on. I mean, he lost a lot of PP minutes to Pudas (two-time SHL d-man of the year) and Oskar Lindberg (250+ NHL games). On pretty much any other SHL team he'd have gotten top PP deployment all year.
I know what I said was ambiguous but that's actually what I referring to. Having one of the top defensemen in the league in Pudas took away some prime ice time especially on PP1 but in no slight to ASP for his deployment. ASP did everything and more with his ice time and defensively improving on his gaps, timing, effort, and play along the boards

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As far as NHL projection, I do value ASP's ceiling higher and think he's quite underrated due to not being at least 6'0 tall

Context:

And yes, I had ASP ranked higher pre-draft. Both players in their respective leagues played ended up on deep teams. I just have reservations about Dvorsky's NHL ceiling
Completely disagree with your conclusion, but appreciate the context!

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad