HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #32 (closed)

• Conor Geekie - C

• Oliver Bonk - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Trevor Connelly - LW

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• Adam Jiricek - D (STL)

• Brayden Yager - C

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Tom Willander - D

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - RW

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Dalibor Dvorsky - C

• Tristan Luneau - D

• Konsta Helenius - C

• Easton Cowan - RW

• Marco Kasper - C

• Logan Mailloux - D

• Matt Savoie - C

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Stian Solberg - D

• Michael Hage - C

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• Frank Nazar - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Surprised Musty went ahead of either Cowan/Ritchie.

As a Sudbury native who's seen plenty of Musty, there's massive warts to his game. The slight (maybe) offensive edge he has over those two are completely dwarfed by the overall game/compete.

The compete issue is a real concern but he also just dwarfs (to use your word) Cowan and Ritchie on the upside of his skill.

I think they're all good choices here but if any of them are going to be point per game scorers in the NHL, it's Musty.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Are you talking about a single game for Mailloux at the end of the season in garbage time to determine anything?

Then Josh Doan is the better answer here one would think.

Mailloux is pretty much blocked by Guhle and Reinbacher and doesn't really have the usual skillset for a bottom pairing Dman and I doubt that he will have very much NHL sucess.

Meanwhile there are better and younger Dmen who project better thus my opinion.

As for Roy over Nadeau sure for next year maybe but as prospects go Nadeau would be much more desirable in any system.

You said this:

"Mailloux isn't even a legit top 50 prospect at this point, his path to the NHL is blocked"

He played a game in the NHL already, I just pointed out it to you.

Also, Guhle should be playing on the left side, his better side.
It's just that we're thin on the right side right now, but once Mailloux and Reinbacher come up, and Matison is traded up, he's going back on left side.

I don't agree with you take of Nadeau over Roy; Roy over Nadeau now, tomorrow and forever IMO

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You said this:

"Mailloux isn't even a legit top 50 prospect at this point, his path to the NHL is blocked"

He played a game in the NHL already, I just pointed out it to you.

Also, Guhle should be playing on the left side, his better side.
It's just that we're thin on the right side right now, but once Mailloux and Reinbacher come up, and Matison is traded up, he's going back on left side.

I don't agree with you take of Nadeau over Roy; Roy over Nadeau now, tomorrow and forever IMO
We are going to agree to disagree here.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Surprised Musty went ahead of either Cowan/Ritchie.

As a Sudbury native who's seen plenty of Musty, there's massive warts to his game. The slight (maybe) offensive edge he has over those two are completely dwarfed by the overall game/compete.
Musty is more risky than Cowan or Ritchie, sure, but he also has legit PPG upside and neither of the latter two do. Musty has shown out every time he’s put on a Sharks jersey and showed himself to be just as talented as Will Smith. He obviously has his warts—if he didn’t, he would have been a top-10 pick easily. But I’d much rather have a guy who is a potential top liner than a guy who is likely to be a decent 2nd liner.

Reactions: majormajor

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Mailloux isn't even a legit top 50 prospect at this point, his path to the NHL is blocked and he has issues that don't transfer well to the next level.

Even Roy at this point seems weird when Josh Doan is there to add or Bradley Nadeau.
Such as? He looked quite good when given a game last year

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Such as? He looked quite good when given a game last year
I really question his hockey IQ, he has a big shot and a great physical package to be a player in the AHL, just not sure how it transfers to the NHL to be honest.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Musty is more risky than Cowan or Ritchie, sure, but he also has legit PPG upside and neither of the latter two do. Musty has shown out every time he’s put on a Sharks jersey and showed himself to be just as talented as Will Smith. He obviously has his warts—if he didn’t, he would have been a top-10 pick easily. But I’d much rather have a guy who is a potential top liner than a guy who is likely to be a decent 2nd liner.
Muk.jpg

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
As good as Poehling
Poehling didn’t have 47 points in the AHL and named on the all star team at 20
I really question his hockey IQ, he has a big shot and a great physical package to be a player in the AHL, just not sure how it transfers to the NHL to be honest.
Yeah, I don’t know how a big physical RHD with smooth skating skillset could possibly transfer well into the NHL.

His IQ isn’t high end but he will surely make the NHL. Probably going to end up a very #4

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Poehling didn’t have 47 points in the AHL and named on the all star team at 20
I was commenting on this, like one game means anything, thus the Poehling comment on one game.

He looked quite good when given a game last year

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I was commenting on this, like one game means anything, thus the Poehling comment on one game.

He looked quite good when given a game last year
How else are we going to judge the guy if not for the sole NHL game he played last year? It’s not like he had a terrible year in the A and followed it by playing a good game when given the chance in the NHL

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Lekkerimaki should easily be top 30. He scored 16.5 % of his teams goals in the SHL, which, by that metric, made him the top goal scorer in the league, as U20 player. The 19 goals he scored this past season puts him at #11 all time U20 season for goal scoring. He did this on a terrible, low scoring Orebro team. Playing on a better team, he is almost certainly up there with Pettersson, Forsberg, Naslund, who were all playing on top teams in their U20 seasons.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Lekkerimaki should easily be top 30. He scored 16.5 % of his teams goals in the SHL, which, by that metric, made him the top goal scorer in the league, as U20 player. The 19 goals he scored this past season puts him at #11 all time U20 season for goal scoring. He did this on a terrible, low scoring Orebro team. Playing on a better team, he is almost certainly up there with Pettersson, Forsberg, Naslund, who were all playing on top teams in their U20 seasons.

There's also so many SHL big scoring prospects that don't translate to the NHL, many from recent years. The numbers alone don't tell you much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00