HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #30 closed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• F.Lysell - BOS

• D.Farrance - NSH

• N.Robertson - TOR

• P.Broberg - EDM

• S.Pinto - OTT

• T.Bordeleau - SJS

• V.Podkolzin - VAN

• C.York - PHI

• A.Holtz - NJD

• G.Denisenko - FLA

• C.Sillinger - CLB

• T.Harley - DAL

• V.Heinola - WPG

• J.Quinn - BUF

• D.Mercer - NJD

• V.Soderstrom - ARI

• S.Jarvis - CAR

• C.Addison - MIN

• P.Tomasino - NSH

• A.Kaliyev - LAK

• S.Perunovich - STL

• C.Zary - CGY

• C.Lucius - WPG

• L.Reichel - CHI

• K.Marchenko - CLB

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It was game video.

Most prospects have shift by shift videos on youtube now.
It makes a big difference, I think a lot of people are aware of his flashy dangles & such but when you actually watch an entire game you notice his defensive ability, his forechecking, how he pressures guys into giving up the puck, etc. A lot of people think Kravtsov is a one dimensional player

Reactions: majormajor

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
It was game video.

Most prospects have shift by shift videos on youtube now.
fine, but im not gonna judge his skill in a league where Linus Omark and Dimitri Jaskin are top scorers in the league. He should have produced more in all 3 leagues if he were that good... and maybe he will be good in a few years, Im not saying he cant, but so far he hasnt proven it yet at age 21.

One thing he does have going for him is his size+skill combo, so hopefully his IQ and adaption to the NHL comes with it.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
when you actually watch an entire game you notice his defensive ability, his forechecking, how he pressures guys into giving up the puck, etc. A lot of people think Kravtsov is a one dimensional player
I think the key is that there are tons of prospects that can do these things and won't get voted into the top 50, let alone the top 30.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Curious why people have Holtz over Tomasino. Over a PPG in his first AHL stint (32P/29GP), the guy is 6'0... whats not to like?

Holtz didnt seem to have a good season in 20-21 posting only 3P in 10GP in the AHL, and produced the same in Sweden as he did in 19-20.... Devils fans taking over?

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Curious why people have Holtz over Tomasino. Over a PPG in his first AHL stint (32P/29GP), the guy is 6'0... whats not to like?

Holtz didnt seem to have a good season in 20-21 posting only 3P in 10GP in the AHL, and produced the same in Sweden as he did in 19-20.... Devils fans taking over?

And I'm just here wondering why Quinn gets no love.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
And I'm just here wondering why Quinn gets no love.
I guess since he only played 15 games in 20-21, and only scored twice (AHL). But yeah, if Rossi went that much higher I guess Quinn shouldnt be too too far. Although Rossi did outscore him by 31P in 6 fewer games playing on the same team in Ottawa OHL in 19-20.

I assume BUF went with his 3 extra inches in size when they drafted Quinn over Rossi.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I personally took Podz here, but going PPG+ in the AHL isn’t that impressive considering how watered down it was due to the taxi squad.

Tomasino is still a good prospect and there is consideration for him here, but there were plenty of prospects (some that were late picks) that also put up PPG/PPG+ in their first AHL season.

Reactions: amnesiac

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I guess since he only played 15 games in 20-21, and only scored twice (AHL). But yeah, if Rossi went that much higher I guess Quinn shouldnt be too too far. Although Rossi did outscore him by 31P in 6 fewer games playing on the same team in Ottawa OHL in 19-20.

I assume BUF went with his 3 extra inches in size when they drafted Quinn over Rossi.

Ya it sucks that he was taken out of the season thanks to a nagging injury right when he was starting to turn it up.

There were scouts who preferred Quinn as well as fans of their team. I'd keep Quinn at this point.

Rossi had 44 more assists and 13 less goals. I'm not up to speed on their linemate quality but I believe @bert said it favored Rossi.

I'd assume they went with his goal scoring and assumed more room for development.

Reactions: bert

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tomasino is still a good prospect and there is consideration for him here, but there were plenty of prospects (some that were late picks) that also put up PPG/PPG+ in their first AHL season.

True, and Tomasino still outscored just about all of them.

There were some prospects in the AHL that didn't score that much this year, I still think those that did score around a point per game deserve a ton of credit.

Holtz had 3 points in 10 games. Hayton had 10 points in 26 games. A lot of prospects you might think could take advantage of the league in a season like this didn't score that much. Byfield, Rees, Beckman, Perreault, Lavoie, Jenik, Kaliyev, etc...

Fun fact: Jarvis scored more points (11) in 9 games than his teammate Ryan Suzuki scored (10) in 26 games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jarvis scored 11 pts in 9 games in the same league that Holtz scored 3 pts in 10 games. They are the same age.

Holtz currently leading Jarvis in the poll. :ha:

Reactions: amnesiac

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
True, and Tomasino still outscored just about all of them.

There were some prospects in the AHL that didn't score that much this year, I still think those that did score around a point per game deserve a ton of credit.

Holtz had 3 points in 10 games. Hayton had 10 points in 26 games. A lot of prospects you might think could take advantage of the league in a season like this didn't score that much. Byfield, Rees, Beckman, Perreault, Lavoie, Jenik, Kaliyev, etc...

Fun fact: Jarvis scored more points (11) in 9 games than his teammate Ryan Suzuki scored (10) in 26 games.

True, and Tomasino will still be voted in before almost all the names you mentioned. Then theres Tyler Angle that has went PPG+ in his rookie year.

All I’m saying is it that he has had an impressive season, but not as impressive as it normally would be.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
True, and Tomasino will still be voted in before almost all the names you mentioned. Then theres Tyler Angle that has went PPG+ in his rookie year.

All I’m saying is it that he has had an impressive season, but not as impressive as it normally would be.

Yep.

Tyler Angle is surely the biggest mystery. Can't find any lengthy video on the kid.

On the Jackets board I don't think anyone has moved him into their top ten yet. He could make fools out of all of us one way or the other, and we don't know yet.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Tomasino

29GP 13G 32P AHL age 19.... how many 19 year olds have put up over a PPG in the AHL?

Kravtsov had 6G 15P in 39GP at age 19/20 in the AHL... 4P in 20GP with the Rangers

why he got voted before Tomasino, I have no idea
Squeaky wheel, I guess.

Kravtsov had a great run in the playoffs in his draft year, but has been underwhelming since. He started off OK this year, scoring a bit in first few weeks, but was back to normal after first 10-15 games.

This year, he was 42nd in rookie scoring (73rd in pts/60). So, low minutes shouldn't be the excuse.

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Guy who was just as good as Caufield in the NCAA, winning everything one could win in a landslide save the Hobey Baker.
The guy who also continued that strong play in the NHL. in the 12 games he played.
Who is Shane Pinto... no respect for him around here. Maybe if he was marginally better offensively and a much larger liability in his own end he would receive more love.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad