HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #20 (closed)

• Jiri Kulich - C/W

• Dmitri Simashev - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Olen Zellweger - D

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• David Reinbacher - D

• Berkly Catton - C

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Zayne Parekh - D

• Rutger McGroarty - RW

• Konsta Helenius - C

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Brayden Yager - C

• Dalibor Dvorsky - C

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Easton Cowan - RW

• Matt Savoie - C

• Carter Yakemchuk - D

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Nate Danielson - C

• Quintin Musty - LW

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I accidentally voted for Ritchie because i somehow skipped over Reinbacher still up there. But Ritchie probably next for me, with an argument for Danielson.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Man, these Montreal fans are relentless.
our-list-of-allies-grows-thin-elrond.gif

Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of Hab's fans. The NHL stands upon the brink of destruction; none can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each team is bound to this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the the poll, @amnesiac

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
As silly as the Habs fans have been, this is roughly where Reinbacher belongs. For me after Mateychuk he's in the next tier of guys.

I'm not a Habs fan but the right answer at this moment is David Reinbacher.

Add Logan Mailloux

You're an absolutely shameless Habs fan. You live on the Habs board. Give me a break.

Also Logan Mailloux is like the 200th best prospect in the NHL, we're not going there.

• Haha
Reactions: Legend123

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As silly as the Habs fans have been, this is roughly where Reinbacher belongs. For me after Mateychuk he's in the next tier of guys.

You're an absolutely shameless Habs fan. You live on the Habs board. Give me a break.

Also Logan Mailloux is like the 200th best prospect in the NHL, we're not going there.
Hell def get voted top 50 on here lol, prob top 30 tbh

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Zayne the Brain clears Reinbacher easily are you kidding? :laugh:

Parekh had almost double the points just last season than David Reinbacher has scored in the totality of his 4 year amateur + pro career. Talent is talent, the most specific goal in hockey is to put the puck in your opponent's net. Parekh did so 33 times in major junior last year. Reinbacher? 6 pro goals in two seasons.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Imagine being this clueless about a prospect who was an all star as a rookie in his first pro season

😆 🤣 😂

Zayne the Brain clears Reinbacher easily are you kidding? :laugh:

Parekh had almost double the points just last season than David Reinbacher has scored in the totality of his 4 year amateur + pro career. Talent is talent, the most specific goal in hockey is to put the puck in your opponent's net. Parekh did so 33 times in major junior last year. Reinbacher? 6 pro goals in two seasons.
Great stat watching.

Either he busts hard or becomes a star. Odds are he is a bust.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Oh I meant parekh

Yeah no shit. Exactly.

One has star potential. Special player. Franchise altering even.
The other simply doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, Reinbacher is a perfectly safe bet to become a decent top 4 dman. I would've gone Michkov but whatever he's fine. If however we're talking about the top NHL prospects(ostensibly in a top 50 prospect poll) I'm going with the big ceiling every time. There's quite a few players capable of playing a top 4 role on an NHL team. Only so many that can be a play driving #1.

Reactions: amnesiac

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Yeah no shit. Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, Reinbacher is a perfectly safe bet to become a decent top 4 dman. I would've gone Michkov but whatever he's fine. If however we're talking about the top NHL prospects(ostensibly in a top 50 prospect poll) I'm going with the big ceiling every time. There's quite a few players capable of playing a top 4 role on an NHL team. Only so many that can be a play driving #1.

Did you watch the defensive play of Parekh? He is very very good in offense, but he is not good in his zone at this moment.

Reinbacher is much more complete D-man. He putting 22 pts in 46 games in his rookie year at NLA, much better league than OHL, that's a impressive production for a 17 years old in that type of league.

Sorry, 17 years old player who play great two-way game put 22 pts in 46 games at NLA level is much impressive than the production of Parekh in OHL (96 pts in 66 games) and not be good at his defensive zone aswell. My two cents.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Did you watch the defensive play of Parekh? He is very very good in offense, but he is not good in his zone at this moment.

Reinbacher is much more complete D-man. He putting 22 pts in 46 games in his rookie year at NLA, much better league than OHL, that's a impressive production for a 17 years old in that type of league.

Sorry, 17 years old player who play great two-way game put 22 pts in 46 games at NLA level is much impressive than the production of Parekh in OHL (96 pts in 66 games) and not be good at his defensive zone aswell. My two cents.

What about an 18 year old playing much worse than he did in his draft year? Who wasn't good defensively. Who took major a major step back offensively?

I don't think you have ever watched Parekh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
just keep in mind Fox and Hughes were/are small too. Depends would can put on a bit of weight, and how they ultimately adapt (IQ).
Lundqvist, Brannstrom and Boqvist all weren't qualified this year too. Works both ways and typically this way more often than not. Small skill d men have to be insanely talented and elite to play. It's not the norm.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah no shit. Exactly.

I'd rather the 5oa who will play 25 mins in the playoffs then the potential bust and even if he is a star he won't be playing much defense

Yeah no shit. Exactly.

!remind me 3 years from now

• Haha

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Hutson is much likelier at this point to hit then parekh lol

Plus hutson has shown more upside and already at the nhl level

Clueless post 😆
no it isnt.... youre thinking and posting like the other Hab homers here. Understand that.

Parekh is a 6'0 180 lbs 18 year old Dman who just broke the points record in the OHL (were not talking about QMJHL here).

To say that theyre not at least close is just pure homerism.... And Im a big Hutson fan btw.

I can just imagine how quick your reasoning would change if Hutson and Reinbacher werent Habs or if Parekh was.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Plus hutson has shown more upside and already at the nhl level

Clueless post 😆
I'm clueless? You're saying he's shown anything at the NHL level despite playing 2 career games so far.

How has Hutson shown more upside lol? Like what? Parekh is younger, was drafted significantly higher, and bigger. Any team in the NHL is taking Parekh over Hutson.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm clueless? You're saying he's shown anything at the NHL level despite playing 2 career games so far.

How has Hutson shown more upside lol? Like what? Parekh is younger, was drafted significantly higher, and bigger. Any team in the NHL is taking Parekh over Hutson.
Sure buddy that's why most if not all rankings have hutson over parekh. As I said clueless

If u cared to read, I said he's already at the nhl level and yes he's shown tremendous upside in his 2 games vs Detroit who were playing for their lives. Are you just gonna discount that that easily?

Younger? 😆 🤣 so is everyone in his draft class. What does that even mean? Does parekh have higher upside than makar because he's younger ?

Draft position? Is that all that matters to you? Why don't you accumulate all the high picks and form a team with that. Maybe the turcottes podkolzins will finally win a cup for San Jose 😆 🤣

Bigger? Both are small but lane is more deceptive with the puck.

As I said, you don't seem to know what you're talking about. Clueless posting, just lurk more. 👍

• Haha

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
no it isnt.... youre thinking and posting like the other Hab homers here. Understand that.

Parekh is a 6'0 180 lbs 18 year old Dman who just broke the points record in the OHL (were not talking about QMJHL here).

To say that theyre not at least close is just pure homerism.... And Im a big Hutson fan btw.

I can just imagine how quick your reasoning would change if Hutson and Reinbacher werent Habs or if Parekh was.
Oh and Hutson hasn't shattered all the records in a much more competitive league ? Lmao what you serious or what? 😆 🤣

Last part, I've been very critical about habs prospects like Mesar Roy and a few others, he'll even guhle before I seriously doubted his offensive potential. So get out of here with the homerism. You're playing dumb. Hutson shattered all kinds of collegiate records and backer is a 5oa pick in a deeper draft class. What exactly does parekh have to suggest he would have gone 5 OA over the likes of simashev and reinbacher ? He didn't even go above levshunov who in my opinion is in the same tier as reinbacker and yakemchuk who is below those 2

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Oh and Hutson hasn't shattered all the records in a much more competitive league ? Lmao what you serious or what? 😆 🤣

Last part, I've been very critical about habs prospects like Mesar Roy and a few others, he'll even guhle before I seriously doubted his offensive potential. So get out of here with the homerism. You're playing dumb. Hutson shattered all kinds of collegiate records and backer is a 5oa pick in a deeper draft class. What exactly does parekh have to suggest he would have gone 5 OA over the likes of simashev and reinbacher ? He didn't even go above levshunov who in my opinion is in the same tier as reinbacker and yakemchuk who is below those 2
Hutson didn't improve year to year. He got owned and pinned in his own zone at ES in the NHL.

I have seen one post draft ranking. I think Parekh was 6th. Guess who wasn't in the top 5....

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hutson didn't improve year to year. He got owned and pinned in his own zone at ES in the NHL.

I have seen one post draft ranking. I think Parekh was 6th. Guess who wasn't in the top 5....
Sure by stat watching you would think that but by watching him u would notice he improved tremendously his mobility and defense in his second season

And after doing what he did in year 1 there isn't much a defense can do to improve his scoring psce. A modest 0.06 jump in scoring clip isn't that bad considering he almost got 100 points in 2 seasons as a D

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad