GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/02/15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
id have to agree with you on the offsides part. unless its blatantly obvious its pointless imo

i mean they made the right call but i think challenging an offsides is funny too me. If you're challenging it that means it was very very close. close enough for a linesman to miss it and they don't miss very much. and if it's close like this one was then it wasn't enough to impact like a cherry picking offsides would which was the spirit of the rule in the first place.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Looking forward to this Kings/Hawks game. They have a weird 3-way match-up with the Blues over the next few days. Kings play Blues tomorrow, Blues play Hawks Wednesday.

Last edited:

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Lupul makes it 3-1. Leafs may be on verge of major upset.

JVR could have been penalized there.

The Stars haven't had any luck against the Leafs in a long time, especially in Toronto. The only folks who would think it was a major upset were most likely not aware of that. It's also been the unfortunate MO of the Stars to play well against top teams and completely sleep walk and get spanked by bottom feeders. It's unfortunate that hasn't changed.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
There's worse bets you could make. I mean, my favorite team isn't that good, but it's early.

They're selling the ring tickets for $2 each so i'll throw $20 - $50 at it. A ring is one key thing I'm missing from my collection and I've put in some high bids the odd time I've noticed an authentic one up for auction. I offered my cousins ex-wife $1,000 for a Habs Stanley Cup(late 20's I believe) goalie stick signed by the entire team and she declined and this was 30 years ago when a grand was worth something. So back in her closet it went and probably has remained ever since. Le sigh :(

The ring tickets are probably tax deductible anyway since the Hawks donated it to charity.

Anywho, nice hit by Kane :amazed: and a good game so far.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Stars haven't had any luck against the Leafs in a long time, especially in Toronto. The only folks who would think it was a major upset were most likely not aware of that. It's also been the unfortunate MO of the Stars to play well against top teams and completely sleep walk and get spanked by bottom feeders. It's unfortunate that hasn't changed.

It's Toronto sports teams in general against Dallas/Arlington sports teams in Toronto. The Stars haven't won in Toronto since 2008 (and we've been **** for all of that), the Mavs went almost 4 years before beating the Raps in Toronto again since 2011 (and we were crap for most of that except for at least last appearance), and we came back from down 0-2 against the Rangers in the ALDS this year.

It's quite literally inexplicable when you consider how bad most of the Toronto teams above have been in that time span, save for 1.5 seasons of the Raps and half a season of the Jays last year. Especially when you consider the fact that the the Mavs have won a championship and the Rangers were a strike away twice from winning 1 and made it to back to back WS and have consistently been a playoff team the last few years (save for 2014).

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
It's Toronto sports teams in general against Dallas/Arlington sports teams in Toronto. The Stars haven't won in Toronto since 2008 (and we've been **** for all of that), the Mavs went almost 4 years before beating the Raps in Toronto again since 2011 (and we were crap for most of that except for at least last appearance), and we came back from down 0-2 against the Rangers in the ALDS this year.

It's quite literally inexplicable when you consider how bad most of the Toronto teams above have been in that time span, save for 1.5 seasons of the Raps and half a season of the Jays last year. Especially when you consider the fact that the the Mavs have won a championship and the Rangers were a strike away twice from winning 1 and made it to back to back WS and have consistently been a playoff team the last few years (save for 2014).

Well there ya have it. I don't follow any other sports, so I had no idea, haha.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I can see why folks don't like Kadri, but he IS good at selling calls. Could really teach Dustin Brown a thing or two. :sarcasm:

I hope the Stars don't just float through the game tomorrow night. This effort is pathetic. Shot totals are high for the Stars, but they're all garbage shots. Luck definitely not on their side either with the couple of posts they've hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad