GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/26/15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
It's a delay of game.

When someone accidentally fires a puck over the glass, even if it wasn't on purpose, its delay of game.

You give someone a high stick, even if it's not on purpose, its still a penalty.

This isn't the case when it comes to net being dislodged from its moorings.

Rule 78. Goals

78.5 Disallowed Goals
(x)"When the net becomes displaced accidentally. The goal frame is considered to be displaced if either or both goal pegs are no longer in their respective holes in the ice, or the net has come completely off one or both pegs, prior to or as the puck enters the goal."

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
The net didn't just "come off". It dislodged as a result of Andersen pushing it off. I can't say for sure it was intentional, but I don't think using the post for leverage is standard practice.

The net came off rather easily. Not sure it was fully on in the first place.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
You might want to check the rules. You're wrong. The net coming off is not an automatic penalty. I understand you're upset, but you're just making **** up now.

If a defending player pushes it off and it appears it may have been intentional then yes, it's a penalty.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If a goalie pushes the net off the pegs like that and as a result a goal is called off. The player should be allowed a penalty shot

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If a defending player pushes it off and it appears it may have been intentional then yes, it's a penalty.

You should read what he said. He's suggesting it's automatic, with no subjectivity at all. He's wrong.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
The net came off rather easily. Not sure it was fully on in the first place.

I think when he slid across to his left he jammed his skate against it and knocked it loose. Then when he pushed off on it it came completely off.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
There's no reason not to push off the posts as hard as possible to try to dislodge them.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Penalizing a goaltender for trying to make a save is not good game management.

well then we will see this becoming more and more common then.....anderson knew what he was doing and that was bailing his defence and him out from being beat

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
You should read what he said. He's suggesting it's automatic, with no subjectivity at all. He's wrong.

I agree. That's why I specified intentionally.
Can't say for certain that wasn't intentional though.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton

Do you think that in this scenario a penalty could be assessed, based on the merit that a clear goal was disallowed due to Andersen's actions - intentional or not? That would have been a pretty special save for Andersen to have made otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad