GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/25/15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Exactly - Looking at that overhead view only shows you that by every ounce of human experience it was in, but in the behind McDavid view you could actually see it.

Kings are the luckiest *******.

Only looks like it, but from that angle, any elevation of that puck from the ice will result in seeing white between the goal line and the puck. Quick made a hell of a save and made it look like he saved it before it crossed the line.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Why can't there be a tiny camera in the goal post at the red line level? That would address stuff like this I would think. I remember Crosby losing out on a goal against the Blues last year in a similar scenario where logic dictated he had a goal but the angles of the replay just couldn't let you see it.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Obviously a goal but really no way to reverse the call in accordance with the established criteria. Sucks because it's really clearly a goal when looked at with the zoom, but because you can't see the puck it's impossible to change the original call. Tough break.

Aceonfire*

Good job NHL. Let's watch some more ****** low scoring hockey.

That Reffing was an absolute embarrassment.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Video review is inconclusive i get that, but how can the ref call that no goal when he sees Quick's glove clearly over the line?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
There's nothing inconclusive about it - logic should play a ****ing role. Puck is in the glove - glove is in the net. It's a damn goal.

The NHL is ****ing stupid sometimes.

You could even see the puck through the mesh in the glove. It was in. But it was LA I guess.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
"Call on the ice stands"

...but the referee first pointed to the back of the net? That was the call on the ice, no?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
good call, the glove was not all the way over the line and people who say so need to have their eyes checked.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Doughty celebrating like he just won the cup. What a scrub.

Like this?

620-doughty-120611-thumb-620xauto-202348.jpg

Or like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
good call, the glove was not all the way over the line and people who say so need to have their eyes checked.
From the front angle you distinctly see the puck cross it was a goal. Lucky break for LA.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't like the Kings, but that play is NEVER called a goal. There was no conclusive evidence, logic or not. Either change the rule or this will continue happening. But as it stands now that was a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad