OT: HF Jets Lounge: #Gnamor!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
5 days to go people, since yesterday we have 30 degree celsius in Germany, the latest test matches have been done and Die Manschaft is on his way to Brazil, departing today.

It's getting serious! Take a collection of WC ads from Nike, Adidas and Beats to warm up with us :)

Beats:

Nike:

Adidas:

Adidas - The ball:

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yea I read that Hextal will be investing in Analytic's as well. Whether it’s because they know it’s great or they just want to not get passed teams are all going to have to invest because it will soon be table stakes if it isn’t already.

Table stakes? I never understand your sayings haha! You're from Winnipeg right?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Table stakes? I never understand your sayings haha! You're from Winnipeg right?

Grew up in Saskatoon but moved when I was 20. Table stakes I believe is still a gambling term meaning what you need to stay in the game :laugh:

My wife agrees with you she says that my old buddies and I have our own language.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Grew up in Saskatoon but moved when I was 20. Table stakes I believe is still a gambling term meaning what you need to stay in the game :laugh:

My wife agrees with you she says that my old buddies and I have our own language.

Do you use the term "bunny hug"? My wife is from Saskatchewan...I do not allow her to use that term to our children, lol.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Do you use the term "bunny hug"? My wife is from Saskatchewan...I do not allow her to use that term to our children, lol.

yes and my wife hated it so much I managed to bail on the term and I now just freeze when I need to come up with a name for it.

It was like moving to manitoba and the first time I heard of a wedding social??

I said "you mean the reception"?

answer: "no"

me :dunno::dunno:

me: you mean the stag or stagette?

Manitoban: no!

me: So what exactly are you talking about you have a wedding.....then the dinner.....then the dance.....maybe next day you have your friends over is that what you mean??

answer as manitoban shakes head: No it is a fundraising party for the wedding that is run months before the wedding and you do it at a hall and sell tickets!!! duh

me: I thought the parents usually ponied up or you just did a cash presentation to cover most of the cost, when the $#%@ did a wedding become a for profit venture???

manitoban: :huh::huh:

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
yes and my wife hated it so much I managed to bail on the term and I now just freeze when I need to come up with a name for it.

It was like moving to manitoba and the first time I heard of a wedding social??

I said "you mean the reception"?

answer: "no"

me :dunno::dunno:

me: you mean the stag or stagette?

Manitoban: no!

me: So what exactly are you talking about you have a wedding.....then the dinner.....then the dance.....maybe next day you have your friends over is that what you mean??

answer as manitoban shakes head: No it is a fundraising party for the wedding that is run months before the wedding and you do it at a hall and sell tickets!!! duh

me: I thought the parents usually ponied up or you just did a cash presentation to cover most of the cost, when the $#%@ did a wedding become a for profit venture???

manitoban: :huh::huh:

Lol yeah, I tell people about it here in Alberta and they look at me like I have three heads.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lol yeah, I tell people about it here in Alberta and they look at me like I have three heads.

I have grown quite comfortable with the charm of the Manitoba social but it was confusing as hell to start with.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I have grown quite comfortable with the charm of the Manitoba social but it was confusing as hell to start with.

My saskatchewan father in-laws scoffed at the idea with a "then your expected to give money at the wedding to?". Had to explain thats its just more of a party and the idea is to help the young couple get started.

If its an older already established couple or it will be a second marriage...then they're just being greedy.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What's Manitoba Social? And why is it talked about in this thread? :P

'edit'

yeah great mister unknown mod, now I have to edit my post!

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
My saskatchewan father in-laws scoffed at the idea with a "then your expected to give money at the wedding to?". Had to explain thats its just more of a party and the idea is to help the young couple get started.

If its an older already established couple or it will be a second marriage...then they're just being greedy.

Yeah we aren't having a social for our wedding and people are surprised by that. We don't need the money and it would just be a lot of extra work I think.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What's Manitoba Social? And why is it talked about in this thread? :P

'edit'

yeah great mister unknown mod, now I have to edit my post!

:laugh:

I was considering deleting your post after moving the discussion, but then said: "T'was a good deed to bring up the OT nature of that discussion, and I shall let no good deed go unpunished!" :laugh: ;)

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
Romany should be moderator and also someone should start an OT thread for the World Cup :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pretty sure he was advocating for Romany, Romang's far less annoying good twin.

First of all, I don't have a twin!

Secondly, how is he gonna start a new thread when he's locked up in the cellar being fed fish heads?

OT, I had a good workout today. For about 10 minutes, then I slammed my knee right into a very hard metal part of the bench. Then I worked out for another half hour, whilst crying manly about my knee. Then I somehow managed to pull my neck/right shoulder while doing curls. I can barely move my head.

I'm feeling so sorry for myself right now.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
First of all, I don't have a twin!

Secondly, how is he gonna start a new thread when he's locked up in the cellar being fed fish heads?

OT, I had a good workout today. For about 10 minutes, then I slammed my knee right into a very hard metal part of the bench. Then I worked out for another half hour, whilst crying manly about my knee. Then I somehow managed to pull my neck/right shoulder while doing curls. I can barely move my head.

She was that cute, eh?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
She was that cute, eh?

Was it that transparent?

I should probably go back to the age old way of racking up ~50 pounds more than I can manage, then fake an injury and swear over the fact that my workout now is ruined, even though I had a light workout day.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
She was that cute, eh?
:laugh:

Should check your form, that's an odd injury to have. You're not swinging, riiiiight? :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad