OT: HF Jets Lounge: #Gnamor!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yeah, no resistance training provides the same conditioning/old-man-strength/energy expense as just straight manual labour. Sounds like you'll be having/have had a productive summer!

Also, congrats on the pending nuptials of your offspring :handclap:

Here's what I don't get. You weight train, right? Do sets between 3 and say 15 reps until you reach muscle fatigue/failure, then rest for a bit and do it again. You do this for what? Muscle size/strength gain. So then why switch to 40 rep circuits when it's time to work your abs?

You want to change it up? Train abs heavy.

It's simple. I don't want my core to get bigger. I am A LOT stronger in my central core (abs, lower back, obliques) than I am in the rest of my body, which shows. I want to stay fairly lean in that part of my body, so working to get bigger is really not something I do there.

I do weight train abs heavy once in a while, but most of the time I try to stay at body weight when I work abs.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
ok ok you got me. two reps of 10 one arm muscle-ups, alternating at 5 with not stopping and switching my beer from one hand to the other.

You shouldn't do that. Switching your beer hand may result in an injury. Have some hot gal holding it for you while you're doing them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't often get excited for articles I have written before they go out.
I am with one for Hockey Graphs going out tomorrow.

Can you post a link when the article is up please.......just at the lake taking care of the two kids and a niece so pretty busy.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
It's simple. I don't want my core to get bigger. I am A LOT stronger in my central core (abs, lower back, obliques) than I am in the rest of my body, which shows. I want to stay fairly lean in that part of my body, so working to get bigger is really not something I do there.

I do weight train abs heavy once in a while, but most of the time I try to stay at body weight when I work abs.

Fair enough. Then you might want to try more stabilizing work, which is what your core is actually made for. It'll improve posture and help with all big lifts by giving you a more solid mid section.

By stabilizing work I mean not actually contracting your abs but using them to hold a position, like a plank.

If you want a challenge for those instead of doing dragonflies, I give you the flag:
Flag.JPG

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/spmon/narsnakes/

Best Viewing Times

Spring: The latter part of April and first three weeks in May is generally the best time to visit the Narcisse Snake Dens. During this period snakes are preoccupied with mating and are easily viewed by visitors. The greatest activity tends to coincide with the Mother's Day weekend.

Fall: Garter snakes return to their dens in early September. Once there, they remain active and visible to visitors until cool, wet autumn weather forces them underground. Fall viewing of snakes is best during warm sunny days.

Very cool site. When I was there last spring, there were a couple of film crews from the U.K. making a documentary. They aren't poisonous and they go underground in time for hockey season.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Wow. Screw that. Let's go to Ireland instead!

My girlfriend just got back from Ireland, two days ago.

The snake thing is only a couple of times a year in a very limited area. It's not like the streets are writhing with millions of snakes in Winnipeg. Ha ha! [SHHHHH! DON'T TELL HIM ABOUT THE STREETS WRITHING WITH MILLIONS OF SNAKES IN WINNIPEG]

My first thought: Simpsons snake hunting day.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I just got my power back! Hurricane Arthur turned into Tropical Storm Arthur turned into Post Tropical Storm Arthur. It was no worse than a thunderstorm in Winnipeg yet it knocked out power to 120,000 people in Nova Scotia and 120,000 people in New Brunswick.

NB has Crown owned power company and NS is private... guess who got their power back first?

I lost my power at 10:30 Saturday morning and decided to go visit family at the cottage in Grand Digue, NB. We lost power at the cottage at around 1 am and it was back on by noon... remote, non residential area.

I come home and STILL no power. About 20 minutes ago, after 52 hours, my power came back on. Just ridiculous.

Also, my power bill here averages $200.00 a month. Just gouge and go.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Now, how do I start practicing the dragonfly without looking like a complete buffoon at the gym?

Do you mean Dragonflags? I used to do those. Can't anymore. I'd just lie on a flat bench, reach behind my ears and grab the edge of the bench, hold on, then proceed to try the raises. I didn't worry about looking like a d-bag because there was usually someone else acting more douchey than I was anyways. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad