OT: HF Jets Lounge: #Gnamor!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sat outside in the car at Timmy's drinking an iced cap and got eaten alive. And because of the stupid storm the city probably won't spray. Asshats

It's awful past the North perimeter. Carpet bomb of Malathion needed out here.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Brutal. Hope you get your luggage. And good luck on the fishing trip!

Thanks.

Yeah I finally got my luggage after spending an hour on the phone with both Air Canada and the delivery company giving me the run around. I've never been so frustrated in my life.

But i have it a now and i'm heading out fishin', so life's good!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks.

Yeah I finally got my luggage after spending an hour on the phone with both Air Canada and the delivery company giving me the run around. I've never been so frustrated in my life.

But i have it a now and i'm heading out fishin', so life's good!

Good luck and after traveling allot to the states lately on United and American Airlines I have decided I was wrong and air Canada is a dream or should I say they suck less :laugh:. At least their planes are in good shape, they have away better TV options, and they seem to only make mistakes every 3rd or 4th flight.

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Good luck and after traveling allot to the states lately on United and American Airlines I have decided I was wrong and air Canada is a dream or should I say they suck less :laugh:. At least their planes are in good shape, they have away better TV options, and they seem to only make mistakes every 3rd or 4th flight.

True speak. It is hard to appreciate until you've flown with other airlines, but they really are the best of the lot.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Seeing the speeches for the election to the parliament in Sweden in September really hammers it in for me that I really don't want to go back and risk having to live there for seven more years.

It's quite sad actually. That the thought of free school in Sweden barely affects my decision to spend a load of money on getting an education over here, and then work in either the US or Canada.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Seeing the speeches for the election to the parliament in Sweden in September really hammers it in for me that I really don't want to go back and risk having to live there for seven more years.

It's quite sad actually. That the thought of free school in Sweden barely affects my decision to spend a load of money on getting an education over here, and then work in either the US or Canada.

Pardon my ignorance but what's happening in Sweden ATM?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pardon my ignorance but what's happening in Sweden ATM?

Well, the leader for (in the last election) Sweden's second biggest party just had a grand speech when she basically said that everything that was wrong in the world (global warming, violence in general, poverty) can and should be traced back to white men.

In general, there is a big wave of people thinking that the absolute best way to counter discrimination is to put all the blame on white heterosexual men.

I can't really go too far into it, since it's politics, but the wave of extreme right wing parties in Europe is, (pretty much only) in Sweden, being countered by extreme parties putting the blame squarely on other people, and hoping that that will solve something.

Also, since this is the parties that most of our esteemed journalists vote for, none of the big news stations really cares to write objectively about them. But hey, why would they do that? It's not like they are the fourth estate and it's important for a democracy that they stay objective...

It's making me a bit sad.

P.S. It should be noted that this was such an obvious example of a hate speech, just pointed towards white men instead of something else, that even a few of the big Swedish media outlets are reporting on it. So there is light!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well, the leader for (in the last election) Sweden's second biggest party just had a grand speech when she basically said that everything that was wrong in the world (global warming, violence in general, poverty) can and should be traced back to white men.

In general, there is a big wave of people thinking that the absolute best way to counter discrimination is to put all the blame on white heterosexual men.

I can't really go too far into it, since it's politics, but the wave of extreme right wing parties in Europe is, (pretty much only) in Sweden, being countered by extreme parties putting the blame squarely on other people, and hoping that that will solve something.

Also, since this is the parties that most of our esteemed journalists vote for, none of the big news stations really cares to write objectively about them. But hey, why would they do that? It's not like they are the fourth estate and it's important for a democracy that they stay objective...

It's making me a bit sad.

P.S. It should be noted that this was such an obvious example of a hate speech, just pointed towards white men instead of something else, that even a few of the big Swedish media outlets are reporting on it. So there is light!

Haters gonna Hate

-EK9

:naughty:;)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I need a new ab workout. Just for fun, I tried to see how many crunches I could do in a row after my workout today. A while after doing 200, I got bored and stopped.

I should start trying to do the dragonfly.

#subtlebrag

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I need a new ab workout. Just for fun, I tried to see how many crunches I could do in a row after my workout today. A while after doing 200, I got bored and stopped.

#subtlebrag

I really need to start working out. I am not in bad shape, but 50 crunches and I am tired :help:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

#subtlebrag

Full on situps or just lifting your shoulders off the ground?

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Those were just crunches, so shoulders and half my back off. I normally do this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc&feature=kp

But I do 40 of each workout since I don't have the video there while working out.

But that's getting boring, so I need to try to do something else.

#notreallysubtlybragginganymore

Hmmmm - I just wait for the weekends (and some evenings) and do stuff like dis-assemble a 10' x 12' shed, move it 8 blocks to my brother-in-law's backyard and shovel a yard of 3/4 down gravel to level it at his place, remove the 2 yards of gravel that was underneath the shed, then move it across the yard to under the gazebo platform (we assembled both it and the gazebo yesterday in that lovely 42 Humidex). For at least two nights this week I get to lay 1.5' square patio blocks in the gazebo platform, then kill all the grass, roto-till the yard, then lay sod so that we will have the backyard of Mrs. Monty's fantasies.

Next weekend I get to patch the asphalt driveway and re-seal it, then tape all the windows and trim so we can paint the exterior of the house and garage. I've already painted all three upstairs bedrooms, the kitchen, the living & dining room and have to finish the back hall.

Add a dozen other little jobs to the list (re-locate the routers, both house and garage, repair the back door, the garage entry door and so on), and my time on-line will be severely curtailed more than it's already been lessened lately.

This all started when I replaced the bathroom sink due to rust on the drain (it was the original, and we wanted to keep it if possible because it matched the toilet and tub which are a great taupe colour). Next thing you know I'm doing an update to the bathroom, which was a new sink, painting, replacing the caulking, a new floor, replacing the baseboards (thank-you Habitat Re-Fit Store as I now have enough matching original baseboard to replace anything that gets damaged during other re-decorating). A week later we're given the news that our son is getting married and would like to have the ceremony and reception in the backyard. GAME ON! Everything is happening!

I have worked my butt off for the last 7 weeks - it has literally been a workout of epic proportions, to the extent that I have toned up and dropped 20 Lbs. I'm down to about 210; the closest to 200 Lbs I've been in almost 30 years.

#notevenattemptingsubtleness

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Hmmmm - I just wait for the weekends (and some evenings) and do stuff like dis-assemble a 10' x 12' shed, move it 8 blocks to my brother-in-law's backyard and shovel a yard of 3/4 down gravel to level it at his place, remove the 2 yards of gravel that was underneath the shed, then move it across the yard to under the gazebo platform (we assembled both it and the gazebo yesterday in that lovely 42 Humidex). For at least two nights this week I get to lay 1.5' square patio blocks in the gazebo platform, then kill all the grass, roto-till the yard, then lay sod so that we will have the backyard of Mrs. Monty's fantasies.

Next weekend I get to patch the asphalt driveway and re-seal it, then tape all the windows and trim so we can paint the exterior of the house and garage. I've already painted all three upstairs bedrooms, the kitchen, the living & dining room and have to finish the back hall.

Add a dozen other little jobs to the list (re-locate the routers, both house and garage, repair the back door, the garage entry door and so on), and my time on-line will be severely curtailed more than it's already been lessened lately.

This all started when I replaced the bathroom sink due to rust on the drain (it was the original, and we wanted to keep it if possible because it matched the toilet and tub which are a great taupe colour). Next thing you know I'm doing an update to the bathroom, which was a new sink, painting, replacing the caulking, a new floor, replacing the baseboards (thank-you Habitat Re-Fit Store as I now have enough matching original baseboard to replace anything that gets damaged during other re-decorating). A week later we're given the news that our son is getting married and would like to have the ceremony and reception in the backyard. GAME ON! Everything is happening!

I have worked my butt off for the last 7 weeks - it has literally been a workout of epic proportions, to the extent that I have toned up and dropped 20 Lbs. I'm down to about 210; the closest to 200 Lbs I've been in almost 30 years.

I can see people getting pretty pissed off if I do this.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
...various unadulterated manliness...

Yeah, no resistance training provides the same conditioning/old-man-strength/energy expense as just straight manual labour. Sounds like you'll be having/have had a productive summer!

Also, congrats on the pending nuptials of your offspring :handclap:
Those were just crunches, so shoulders and half my back off. I normally do this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc&feature=kp

But I do 40 of each workout since I don't have the video there while working out.

But that's getting boring, so I need to try to do something else.

#notreallysubtlybragginganymore
Here's what I don't get. You weight train, right? Do sets between 3 and say 15 reps until you reach muscle fatigue/failure, then rest for a bit and do it again. You do this for what? Muscle size/strength gain. So then why switch to 40 rep circuits when it's time to work your abs?

You want to change it up? Train abs heavy.

Last edited:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
I have reason to believe that the USA stands for United Serial killer Association.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Yeah, no resistance training provides the same conditioning/old-man-strength/energy expense as just straight manual labour. Sounds like you'll be having/have had a productive summer!

Also, congrats on the pending nuptials of your offspring :handclap:

Here's what I don't get. You weight train, right? Do sets between 3 and say 15 reps until you reach muscle fatigue/failure, then rest for a bit and do it again. You do this for what? Muscle size/strength gain. So then why switch to 40 rep circuits when it's time to work your abs?

You want to change it up? Train abs heavy.

Thanks! It came as a surprise, but we really like our future daughter-in-law - this one's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad