OT: Heritage parking

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
Hey all,

I am planning on going Heritage tomorrow but am wondering if there is any private parking around the area? 4 of us are going so taking the bus will be very costly at about $25 total so I am looking for some place with cheaper parking around the heritage festival!

Any help/suggestion will be much appreciated!

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
park at the Windsor car park on the U of A campus. $5.
then instead of doing the park n ride, just walk to the festival.
if you're all able bodied, it's not a bad walk.

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
park at the Windsor car park on the U of A campus. $5.
then instead of doing the park n ride, just walk to the festival.
if you're all able bodied, it's not a bad walk.

Awesome thank you thats what I wanted to know! I never go around there so I really had no idea where there will be parking. We definitely do not mind walking since we will be walking alot during heritage anyways!

syder

Sep 4, 2008
Awesome thank you thats what I wanted to know! I never go around there so I really had no idea where there will be parking. We definitely do not mind walking since we will be walking alot during heritage anyways!

if you're early or lucky you can get parking at Emily Murphy Park. I alway park here but haven't been to Heritage day for a few yrs

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
Wasn't it free park and ride back couple years? When did they start charging a fare to get on the bus?

HighSynergy

Jun 1, 2010
At the Gates
Wasn't it free park and ride back couple years? When did they start charging a fare to get on the bus?

In the past it was free with a food bank donation.

Walking from the University doesn't take long at all. I might do that myself. Maybe you'll find some parking on the street around the U to avoid fees.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

Nothing wrong charging for P&R, in my opinion.

I may head down before the weekend is over. The Windsor car park looks promising.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Park at the Windsor parking lot for 5 bucks. Then take the bus down to the festival (they have a shuttle that goes there and back). Probably your best bet.

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
I parked at Windsor. Worked great if you dont mind walking 18 minutes! Its great exercise to burn off calories of the junk food I ate!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad