GDT: [Heritage Classic] Flames @ Oilers 5:00pm @ Commonwealth Stadium

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He didn't play last year or this year. All that is known is it is a personal issue
I am becoming to think the guy is nuts or to put it nicely- mentally ill. If true, a big shame and hopefully he can get the help he needs, hockey is not important.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Just woke up on the other side of the world so missed the game. But seeing the highlights, reading the comments and messages sent, sounds like an embarrassing performance was made. And by the looks of it, it started with having the team dress up like Brokeback Mountain to enter the stadium. Someone in PR should be fired. Amongst others.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD
Not with this ownership group and management.

Competent people would have started a rebuild years ago but the people who run the Flames refuse to look out a window, see reality and deal accordingly.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Like a battered woman we got our show ran by Evander Kane

feelsbadman

"Building" a team that McDavid makes his btch is one thing.
A team that Kane/Nurse make their btch is vomit inducing. Bean and Malloney must be proud for allowing this to happen.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really not loving Flames hockey right now.

Hopefully getting the #1D back has a trickle down effect.

It's hard to even want to watch at this point. But, alas, all it will take is one good start to get me back.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
After Burner was hard to get through. We need wins. So, so badly. Hopefully we can get something going.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm starting to feel distant again. *holds head* I'm tuned into the game on replay so I can experience the brutality once more.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
After Burner was hard to get through. We need wins. So, so badly. Hopefully we can get something going.
Do we need wins? Wouldn't the best thing for our future be to lose as much as possible and get a top 5 pick? Forcing ownership to rebuild.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Zone defense is a tough concept for this group of players. Most players learn the basics of it in pee wee hockey, but this group is pretty special. It's a process.
At that point play man, we rode man to the SCF this year….it was a rough watch tonight. Led to you guys getting hemmed in quite a few times.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The fact that our players keep getting run from behind and no one steps up is telling.

Maybe it's just they aren't tough, but it is a bad look to just watch your teammates get cheap shotted and do nothing in return. Maybe they just really don't care.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like this reminder is needed.... Last year on October, we were one of the better teams in the league, and look at what happened.

It's been rough so far, but I feel like the guys are white knuckling their sticks and overthinking right now. Hopefully we get a good bounce or 2 and we can ride some momentum.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Just woke up on the other side of the world so missed the game. But seeing the highlights, reading the comments and messages sent, sounds like an embarrassing performance was made. And by the looks of it, it started with having the team dress up like Brokeback Mountain to enter the stadium. Someone in PR should be fired. Amongst others.
Just lack of talent. Treliving raped this team and ran. There is nothing left from top to bottom.

Good news is we may own the draft the next 5 yrs if Conroy stands pat which is seems to be doing

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
We either turn the corner and start really getting shit done on the ice or we desperately need to just accept the bottoming out. I sincerely hope that futures are not sold off in a flailing effort to meagerly make us a bit better.

This season is going to be remembered, maybe even more so, than the exodus itself.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Just lack of talent. Treliving raped this team and ran. There is nothing left from top to bottom.

Good news is we may own the draft the next 5 yrs if Conroy stands pat which is seems to be doing
Well on the plus side the 1sts we own are all locked by the Montreal conditions so he can’t even trade them to improve this team right now and the only prospects we have that might return something that will improve this team are Wolff and Honzek who should be off limits so the chances of standing pat are pretty good

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Huska is starting to look like he doesn't know what he's doing. 16 Mins TOI for Huberdeau? So he already doesn't trust his top playmaker to play top line minutes and keeps bumping his ice time down.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like this reminder is needed.... Last year on October, we were one of the better teams in the league, and look at what happened.

It's been rough so far, but I feel like the guys are white knuckling their sticks and overthinking right now. Hopefully we get a good bounce or 2 and we can ride some momentum.
Respectfully, I disagree. I just don't see the signs that guys are trying too hard but overthinking it, which is what whiteknuckling would imply. In fact, I would argue that many of the Flames players are underthinking as it looks like they are barely giving things a thought before throwing the puck away... as partially evidenced by our twenty-four turnovers last night.

I simply don't see a way out of this quagmire. There have been no signs at all that this team has the ability to figure things out just because the calendar will turn over in two days.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad