GDT: [Heritage Classic] Flames @ Oilers 5:00pm @ Commonwealth Stadium

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
But I have to admit its kind of amusing to watch Lindholm and Hanfin Glencross-ing themselves out of millions.

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
No.
People are mad and bitch because our management resisted the rebuild so hard when it was clearly necessary, and now our long term outlook is absolutely f****ed and we still suck right now.

If we had embraced the rebuild and we sucked it would be bearable and many less fans would complain. Funny to see you say this about other fans after you were staunchly anti-rebuild and it completely backfired
There is not only no hope of it getting better there is no plan. We spent all offseason trying to lock this roster up. Like what are we even doing. Thank God this roster is so bad we might accidentally get a high pick to start addressing the real issue on the team

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
How is that amusing? They're f***ing this team. We won't win with them playing that way. Nor can we get a good return.

That's amusing?

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Treliving utterly destroyed this team for years to come
They wanted to EXTEND him
He left so they hired his Yes Man
Yes Man hired another bargain bin coach
Yes Man traded his leading scorer for a healthy scratch

And people are surprised when we dont see much hope going forward??
Literally why do you watch then? If literally every aspect of this team pisses you off, why would you spend a minute of your time watching, complaining and then continuing to watch?

You guys are getting what you want, this team stinks and if nothing changes will get a top 5 pick, still complain every single game, it's laughable.

Reactions: Lunatik

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
No.
People are mad and bitch because our management resisted the rebuild so hard when it was clearly necessary, and now our long term outlook is absolutely f****ed and we still suck right now.

If we had embraced the rebuild and we sucked it would be bearable and many less fans would complain. Funny to see you say this about other fans after you were staunchly anti-rebuild and it completely backfired
Find one post I made. One.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Literally why do you watch then? If literally every aspect of this team pisses you off, why would you spend a minute of your time watching, complaining and then continuing to watch?

You guys are getting what you want, this team stinks and if nothing changes will get a top 5 pick, still complain every single game, it's laughable.
Why would I watch my favorite team?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
There is not only no hope of it getting better there is no plan. We spent all offseason trying to lock this roster up. Like what are we even doing. Thank God this roster is so bad we might accidentally get a high pick to start addressing the real issue on the team
Totally agreed lol. We legit might pull an Oilers and suck so badly without even trying to rebuild and somehow get ‘lucky’ with a high pick. Or at least that’s all I can hope for rn

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
But I have to admit its kind of amusing to watch Lindholm and Hanfin Glencross-ing themselves out of millions.

So crazy, looked it up awhile ago . . . First, Curtis had really just 2 decent seasons with us (24 and 26 goals consecutively), and then after just 1 season in Washington, he retired at 32. Guy is just 40 still.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Not really. I want the top picks because its clear we have no top end talent on this roster but I also want most of these mfers gone.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

Exactly this.

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015

Someone claimed that the Flames offered Lindy 8x$9m and he turned it down, which I find hard to believe, but if that's the case he probably cost him $20+ million by not signing. Hanifin will be fine, I don't think his value would change much.

Reactions: Tofveve

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
Not really. I want the top picks because its clear we have no top end talent on this roster but I also want most of these mfers gone.
Understandable (like I really don't want to watch Kadri for another 6 years), but if the results are what we want (ie. we get top picks with this roster) then this is clearly working because we suck.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Anyone see that Skyrizi commercial. I think that's the best pharmaceutical medication name I've ever encountered.

I'm bored.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Guys we should be happy that our franchise is going no where in the next 5+ years. We should be happy that we have absolute duds locked in long term. We should be happy we have ownership who bent over the city and has no desire to undergo a rebuild so we could actually be competitive team. We should be happy that our best young players don’t get opportunities to play meaningful roles.

Become real fans and support this trainwreck regardless!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Guys we should be happy that our franchise is going no where in the next 5+ years. We should be happy that we have absolute duds locked in long term. We should be happy we have ownership who bent over the city and has no desire to undergo a rebuild so we could actually be competitive team. We should be happy that our best young players don’t get opportunities to play meaningful roles.

Couldn't agree more we look like shit but a nice polished turd

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

fan
3 of 3

noun (2)

: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)
science-fiction fans

You can accept teh team sucks and still cheer for them. There is literally no reason to complain incessantly.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

This is the life of a Canadian hockey fan. The hope is just that it eventually ends one day.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I want an early Christmas present. A Coilers meltdown and classic collapse. Let's go!

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
This is the life of a Canadian hockey fan. The hope is just that it eventually ends one day.
It can, turn off the TV and get off your device. Voila.
If you can't find any enjoyment, don't watch.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No Sutter needed to go nobody wanted to play for him and more importantly he doesn't play rookies but Huska hasn't shown he is the answer

I prefer Sutter over Huska

At least you know he has a system and it works some time. What kind of hockey is this that we are watching now?

Also give Sutter some credit for figuring out Kadri and Huberdeau are ass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad