Here's a good one- Does Sergei Bobrovsky get into the Hall of Fame?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He's in that "almost Hasek" tier of goalies, definitely in from me.
No disrespect but no he isn't.

When Hasek was king, he was a factor like almost no goalie since.

Luongo in 07, GIguere during the 03 playoff run, Price in 2015, Shesterkin a couple of years ago.

These are the closest I have seen since and they still don't equal his peak.

Bobrovsky at his current rate very well could be an hofer and probably should be. But he's not almost Hasek.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
No disrespect but no he isn't.

When Hasek was king, he was a factor like almost no goalie since.

Luongo in 07, GIguere during the 03 playoff run, Price in 2015, Shesterkin a couple of years ago.

These are the closest I have seen since and they still don't equal his peak.

Bobrovsky at his current rate very well could be an hofer and probably should be. But he's not almost Hasek.
Really you include Price but not Bob? Your bias is showing.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
One year ago, before last year's playoffs, I would have said no. Too many ups and downs and he looked more like an anchor to his time than a good goalie. Since then, he's been excellent and has confirmed his place in the hall.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Price in 2015. It was one year and probably the best regular season by a goalie since Hasek.

Bobrovsky isn’t anywhere near the Hasek tier, neither is Price.
I'd say goalies are more closer to Hasek than ever, if you take in consideration how much the play has improved and gear getting smaller since then.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
2 Vezina Trophies
2 NHL First All Star
World Championship Gold Medal
World Championship Best Goaltender
Won the Columbus Blue Jackets their first ever series with a dominant sweep over Presidents Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning

He is currently 34 and just took the Panthers to game 6 against the record setting Bruins. But for years now has been severely overpaid and barely considered a starter.

Does he get into the Hall?

Yes, next question.

Reactions: The Colonel

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
One more Vezina OR a Cup win as a starter, and I think he's a candidate in the "eventually" group (think Tom Barrasso).

500+ wins and a Cup would make it guaranteed.

Wins alone are not enough, as we can witness from Curtis Joseph not being in (943 gp, 454 wins, 51 shutouts, King Clancy). He's also the only goalie to win 30+ games in a season in 5 different teams. But it could be because Cujo never won a Vezina or Jennings.

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Everyone who’s name you recognize gets into the hall of fame

It’s a joke, really

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
I must be old because Dom played as recently as 2008. I never think of 2008 as the good old days. 😊
I saw him back in 1998 the first time, then a few times after that when he was with Detroit.

The game is so fast now that it's a lot more difficult to be a goaltender, to say that goalies we see now aren't even near the level of Hasek is a massive discredit to them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I saw him back in 1998 the first time, then a few times after that when he was with Detroit.

The game is so fast now that it's a lot more difficult to be a goaltender, to say that goalies we see now aren't even near the level of Hasek is a massive discredit to them.
Dom was still a good winning goalie in his 40s in the 2000s. Those were not old days imo. Bob was playing in 2010.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Dom was still a good winning goalie in his 40s in the 2000s. Those were not old days imo. Bob was playing in 2010.
Still a good 25 years. Did you think 1975 to be old times in the year 2000? I know i did. I think it's included in the term now.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Still a good 25 years. Did you think 1975 to be old times in the year 2000? I know i did. I think it's included in the term now.
2008 wasn't any more the old days than 2010 when Bob was playing. Mike Gartner played in the 1970s and was a faster skater than 95% of NHL players today. We can't just generalize guys based on 16 years. Sid Crosby played in 2005. Does that mean Sid couldn't keep up in 2010? 2015? 2020? Or 2024?

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006

Hasek is the best goalie to ever play the game and he was at his absolute peak winning his second Hart and the Olympic gold in 1998…

To say any goalie right now is even close to Hasek is a massive discredit to Hasek…

and I say this as possibly the only Sabres fan who is upset his number is retired

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
As a Cats fan I have to say no at this point. There is some bad years with us, even tho there is multiple factors to it, like the team infront of him sucking balls for yeeears. A cup and couple good seasons more would help tho. He is not that far off, but the Fourgoalsky years hurts him too much at this point.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah I'm gonna need an explanation for this one
I personally think he quit on the team in game 7 OT his last year as a Sabre…

It’s a fact though that when demanding a trade he called our GM and threatened to reject a deal if the Sabres got to good of a package in return. That is NOT someone who I think should be honored by the franchise

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
I personally think he quit on the team in game 7 OT his last year as a Sabre…

It’s a fact though that when demanding a trade he called our GM and threatened to reject a deal if the Sabres got to good of a package in return. That is NOT someone who I think should be honored by the franchise
Canucks honoured Pavel Bure after he sat out a season demanding a sudden trade.

Emotions happen. Legendary players deserve legacy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad