Value of: Henrique to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
NYI need a LW & center depth. Impending UFA status is good for NYI. Lou pick. Good chance Henrique would greenlight the deal. He could play on any of the top-3 lines. It's a pretty obvious fit.

But what would it cost?

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
It would likely start at a 2nd or 3rd + decent forward prospect. Henrique is a player that will likely be of interest to many teams because of his versatility, so I’m sure quite a few teams would match that price.

EDIT: I’m guessing Isles fans wouldn’t be a huge fan of this, but I’d be interested to see if it’s possible to put Dufour in this deal.

Reactions: saintunspecified

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I just don’t see where he fits in? If you’re telling me for depth sure but who’s he bumping from the line up?

Hes on a hit streak the last 5-6 games where he has most of his total points/goals.
He’s about 50% faceoffs so not really a dominant guy. We have Horvat and Pageau for important faceoffs.

I like Henrique but I just don’t see where in the line up he fits in.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
It would likely start at a 2nd or 3rd + decent forward prospect. Henrique is a player that will likely be of interest to many teams because of his versatility, so I’m sure quite a few teams would match that price.

EDIT: I’m guessing Isles fans wouldn’t be a huge fan of this, but I’d be interested to see if it’s possible to put Dufour in this deal.
Something was up with him this year, he missed a bunch of AHL games due to personal reasons. Not sure what it was but I'm giving him a pass for the season and if I were Lou I wouldn't want to sell low on what was a normal, good development curve until this season.

I'm betting we sign Parise, if we do we'd have:

Lee-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Martin-Cizikas-clutter
Fasching, Whally and Fasching as extras.

Don't mind having an extra center in the fold but it's crowded with depth.

Reactions: SI90 and All Mighty

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
No, no more aging veterans with Devils connections that are signed for contracts over league minimum. There’s enough on the roster. Lou needs to move out contracts (Wahlstrom and Aho), not add more filler players into the lineup.

Reactions: The Real JT

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I just don’t see where he fits in? If you’re telling me for depth sure but who’s he bumping from the line up?
I don't assume a 39 year old winger is magically going to be a every game player. Nor do I have any desire to see Martin back except if countering a goon is absolutely necessary. I'd assume Parise would be the depth piece. Henrique would give some center depth, and the extra F would be 2 out of Martin, Parise, and Fascing.

As for where Henrique would play? I'd say any of the three top lines, 2nd PP unit, and replacing Clutterbuck on the PK (he is done there). I don't really want to prejudge which line. He could replace Lee or whomever plays with Cizikas while protecting leads (Lee doesn't cover enough ground defensively). But for the short term, I'd guess with Pageau and Holmstrom. Wouldn't mind giving Engvall less ice time, either.

No, no more aging veterans with Devils connections that are signed for contracts over league minimum. There’s enough on the roster. Lou needs to move out contracts (Wahlstrom and Aho), not add more filler players into the lineup.
Not sure what Aho has to do with it (he may be waived when Pelech comes back), but I did assume that Wahlstrom would be part of any deal. Also, it's merely luck that Henrique has Devils connections. NYI need a full time F who is a bit of a swiss army knife whom they can afford to acquire. They really do need a LW, and one who could play C if there's an injury would be a big plus - NYI's only depth at center requires breaking up their top line! Given the certainty you expressed, I'd really appreciate it if you'd dispel my ignorance, and mention the better option I've missed.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

Why not? He certainly does not look to me like he has the mobility to be an NHL player. Sure, he's got a nice wrist shot, but so does Wahlstrom, and if Wahlstrom's mobility is a weakness, it's a heck of a lot less of a weakness than Dufour's mobility.

So, I'd probably offer a 2nd + ANA choice between of Dufour, Iskakhov, or Wahlstrom.

Reactions: All Mighty

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'm betting we sign Parise, if we do we'd have:

Lee-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Martin-Cizikas-clutter
Fasching, Whally and Fasching as extras.

Don't mind having an extra center in the fold but it's crowded with depth.
He'd play on the third line, typically, and would move up to 1st or 2nd line when protecting leads. I'd see Parise on the 4th line. Wouldn't mind giving Engvall some, err, rest from time to time, either.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not sure what Aho has to do with it (he may be waived when Pelech comes back), but I did assume that Wahlstrom would be part of any deal. Also, it's merely luck that Henrique has Devils connections. NYI need a full time F who is a bit of a swiss army knife whom they can afford to acquire. They really do need a LW, and one who could play C if there's an injury would be a big plus - NYI's only depth at center requires breaking up their top line! Given the certainty you expressed, I'd really appreciate it if you'd dispel my ignorance, and mention the better option I've missed.
Where are you clearing 5.8m from to fit him into the lineup? LW need or not, he’s about 5m too expensive for this team and really not going to improve the lineup to make his contract worth it. If anything, it’s helping Anaheim clear space.
As for Aho, it’s purely because I’d rather see Reilly in the lineup over him. Size alone, he helps them out drastically on the 3rd pair.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Not sure I see the fit.

Henrique is having his standard 20-30 goal 50-60 point pace season. At 50% he should fetch a late 1st. Especially a vet like him that can play up and down the lineup on the wing or center.

Regardless, I dont see any reason to move him now instead of closer to the deadline.; The return will be the same, and we get to benefit from his presence in the meantime.

Where are you clearing 5.8m from to fit him into the lineup? LW need or not, he’s about 5m too expensive for this team and really not going to improve the lineup to make his contract worth it. If anything, it’s helping Anaheim clear space.
As for Aho, it’s purely because I’d rather see Reilly in the lineup over him. Size alone, he helps them out drastically on the 3rd pair.
The Ducks have the 3rd most cap space in the league and 30 mil more opening up in the 3 years before they have to sign all their young guys.

Cap space means nothing to the Ducks short term.

Reactions: lwvs84

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not sure I see the fit.

Henrique is having his standard 20-30 goal 50-60 point pace season. At 50% he should fetch a late 1st. Especially a vet like him that can play up and down the lineup on the wing or center.

Regardless, I dont see any reason to move him now instead of closer to the deadline.; The return will be the same, and we get to benefit from his presence in the meantime.

The Ducks have the 3rd most cap space in the league and 30 mil more opening up in the 3 years before they have to sign all their young guys.

Cap space means nothing to the Ducks short term.
I’m not really seeing a need for the Islanders to add Henrique in when the top 6 is rolling as is. To add him in to a cash strapped team for the 3rd line just wouldn’t be beneficial simply because someone who’s useful at the moment would have to go out (Pageau or Palmieri). I’d rather find a guy who’s more of a defensive minded player that can play with Pageau and Holmstrom if Gauthier is out longer term.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Henrique has only hit 50 points and 30 goals once in his career 9 seasons ago!!!

Let's not inflate what he is now. He wont be close to 60 point player because he never has been.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It'll take some finagling, but not as much as one might think. It's too early for this kind of deal, of course.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Henrique has only hit 50 points and 30 goals once in his career 9 seasons ago!!!

Let's not inflate what he is now. He wont be close to 60 point player because he never has been.
Read my post again. I said "20-30 goal 50-60 point pace season".

Here are his stats in Anaheim:
GPGAPGoal PacePoint Pace
17-1857
20​
16​
36​
29​
52​
18-1982
18​
24​
42​
18​
42​
19-2071
26​
17​
43​
30​
50​
20-2145
12​
9​
21​
22​
38​
21-2258
19​
23​
42​
27​
59​
22-2362
22​
16​
38​
29​
50​
23-2431
10​
8​
18​
26​
48​

In his 7 years in Anaheim he has had that pace for goals 6 times and pace for points 4 times.

Reactions: Firequacker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad