Speculation: Henrik Tömmernes to NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This guy is a late bloomer. Exploded last 3 seasons. Was just voted MVP of the Swiss league. Second in total points as a DEFENDER. 58 points in 51 games. Let that sink in. As a defender. He was by land mile best D for Sweden in last WC and also in Olympics. Not only is he skilled, he is also hardworking and takes cares of defensive duties.

#PLAYERTEAMGPGATPPPGPIM+/-
8.png
Roman Cervenka (C/LW)
SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers522044641.23308
1.png
Henrik Tömmernes (D)
Genève-Servette HC511048581.144019
3.png
Daniel Winnik (W/C)
Genève-Servette HC482529541.13868
3.png
Christopher DiDomenico (C/RW)
HC Fribourg-Gottéron491539541.10929
10.png
Denis Malgin (C/W)Toronto Maple Leafs
ZSC Lions482131521.084918
6.png
Mark Arcobello (RW/C)
HC Lugano522229510.9841-7

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Has got to be one of the best defensemen in the world not in the NHL. He's mobile too so it's not like he lacks skating.

He turns 32 before next season though. He may just be another "Cervenka" though. I know Cervenka had a small cup of tea with the Flames but he seemed pretty content just being known as one of the best hockey players in the world not in the NHL during his prime. Collecting a fat paycheque in the NLA, living in Switzerland and being a prime national team star player seems like a pretty sweet gig at Tömmernes' age. We just saw another guy in contention for "best defender not in the NHL" (not including prospects), Mikko Lehtonen, not exactly enjoy his 1.5 years trying to cement his standing in North America.

Reactions: Arthuros

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think that's probably a little late even for a "late bloomer". That's more like a "twilight years bloomer". Those rarely seem to end up working out.

I remember some people being somewhat excited about him back when he was drafted by Vancouver. But that never really panned out. From what i recall, seemed like he just decided he wasn't going to make it in North America and preferred to just go back home to play. Which makes it unlikely he'd bother coming over for a last kick at the can at his age. That's a big leap to make, and if it doesn't go well (and it very likely wouldn't), it's just kind of a big mess terminating the contract and getting back home midstream, because there's no way he's playing in the AHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is it the player everyone hated on the Swedish WC squad this spring? Oh right, it is. I think he might stick to being NL MVP.

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Actually the second year Tömmernes been the black sheep on team Sweden, Also wore the C for a tournament or two.

Really don’t agree with #3 post about his speed/mobility.
He often gets caught flat footed and is not fast, not even average. By far the worst/slowest skater on the team of lately.

Will not transition well to a faster pace league at this late stage.

He has found his place and Will most likely just stay put - or Return to the SHL, a league that has a higher pace than the Swiss league as well.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s carved out a good career for himself in Europe but he has to be over 30 now and his NHL chances came and went long ago.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like Kodie Curran reviews before the Ducks signed him.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
He’s having a career year in his thirties on a team that added two NHL-caliber players this year within the fourth-best European league. I doubt he’s being seriously considered for an NHL spot. He might get a good deal in the SHL.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad