Heard the most seizure-inducing name butchering in last night's Flames vs Isles game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Don't even know what goalie he is trying to say, or what goalie that actually is. Was that Varlamov?
Calgary just needs to play Markstrom moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Hi my name is..VAahhhhhhhh

46a.png

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I still get a kick outta the fact that Tony Lydman (loodman) and Henrik Tallinder (Taleender) casually corrected the Sabres broadcast team after like 2 seasons of incorrect pronunciation. Only in hockey.

Anywho, sounds like me getting ahead of myself teaching an English class. Happens.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Don't forget Alfsivfversson:

Started wrong with "Alf", then got it right when he started saying "Silfver", but then went back to Alfredsson?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Yeah it only took him 32 games to pronounce Kadri , you would think the home town announcer would ask them how to say their names . After 13 years of pro hockey his name is pretty well known around the league eh , even if it is often spoken with an expletive in front of it lol , yet this guy was calling him Kaldlri with 2 L sounds in it for some weird reason .

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
When I heard this live I was laughing for a good 5 minutes straight. Poor Millen, that was a bad one.

Ghost of Arbour

Dec 23, 2022
We NYI fans are used to Butch destroying names, the english language ("blindlessly" used this week to describe a pass) so we are kind of used to hearing this stuff.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's hilarious. I know i've had hilarious, embarrassing tongue-tied moments like that in my life...but then again, i'm not paid to be a professional talker and user of words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad