Recalled/Assigned: Hawks Waive Tim Erixon/Claimed by Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scarbarian*

Leaf fans seem to think he can play hockey which is unfortunate for them

Definite tank commander candidate though

Well, he was a former 1st round pick, meaning he has to have some level of talent left in him even if it is to a small degree. I mean crazier things have happen before and if nothing happens, it is a win-win deal for Leafs either way even if he sucks like crap.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Well, he was a former 1st round pick, meaning he has to have some level of talent left in him even if it is to a small degree. I mean crazier things have happen before and if nothing happens, it is a win-win deal for Leafs either way even if he sucks like crap.

Yes, I'm aware of how the waiver system works

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Meh, this kind of thing happens. The Hawks took a small gamble hoping Erixon would maybe fit in here and he didn't. No loss either way (that includes dealing Morin)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The trade never made sense. Should have just gotten a 4th or whatever for Morin.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
What is he going to do next waive Kruger or Shaw?

Or will he really carry that many forwards to make room for Vermette?

He stockpiled defensemen and now what is he going to do with forwards?

LandofLincoln*

Why would a team give up a 4th for a failed prospect like Morin?

Because he score 30G and had 58pts in the AHL as a 21 year old before the Hawks messed up his development by playing him 8 minutes a night and healthy scratching him in half the games.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
sucks to lose him for nothing but that's just it. At least he'll get a Chance to Play in the NHL

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Knew this was a terrible move. Why exactly did we need this guy anyway? Morin could have gotten us a 4th easily. Tired of us losing trades all the time.

Has Morin even been playing in Columbus?

He was terrible with us this year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Morin still has plenty of time to carve out a career and role in Columbus. Many were trashing Pirri after he struggled coming off a concussion but he's rebounded pretty well for Florida.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's a bottom pairing defenseman playing for a laughably bad team in the process of bottoming out. I wouldn't expect works beating numbers.

He was a 4th pairing Dman playing on a contender and got waived, and a bottom pairing Dman playing on one of the NHLs worst teams.

He just isn't an NHL Dman.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Erixon in 4 games for Leafs has no pts , 1 shot and is a -4

Has been healthy scratch last 2 games

I expect Timmy to return to Europe this offseason

Ladies and gents, the Leafs team Erixon is on is utter trash. Although he's been playing well, his +/- won't be getting any better seeing as ALL scoring has dried up and goalies are doing their best sieve impressions. It's a sad state the team's in and not a proper indicator of each players' abilities and potential. fwiw, he's looked decent though I'd prefer he get more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad