Recalled/Assigned: Hawks Waive Tim Erixon/Claimed by Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When all these teams keep giving up on Rundbald and Erixon how does Q keep getting blame for them failing?

Rundblad/Erixon are 1st round busts and that isn't Q's fault

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Erixon was awful in his limited time. Not surprised at him being the one to be waived. I doubt he is claimed, if so, good luck.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
When all these teams keep giving up on Rundbald and Erixon how does Q keep getting blame for them failing?

I blame Stan for bringing in yet another piece that Q had no use for. I've said it countless times: I want a GM and coach that are working together. Bringing in the right type of players for the style and system the coach wants to play.

Trading for Erixon made zero sense the day the trade was announced, and I'm pretty sure I said that in the thread announcing it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He did not work out. I think we could not have got any more for Morin. Even if we could have got more there is nothing wrong with Stan scratching Columbus's back a bit. It is not like we traded a top prospect. we traded a bust for a bust.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Ah well. Add another one to Q's 'no real opportunity' body count.

As these continue to pile up, no doubt we'll continue to see more Kevin Hayes style situations where prospects just say no to the Blackhawks, fully aware that they'll never get a fair shot under an obstinate coach.

Would be cool to have a GM and coach on the same page. As it is, the GM seems to be all about skill and mobility, while the coach prefers immobile pylons that get beat weak side 40 times per shift.

The people claiming he's terrible are hilarious. He played in what, 6 games? How many minutes per game? That's not enough time to get a sense of anything, let alone a new system or his ability.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If Erixon had only failed in Chicago then I'd agree with you Jaeger. But this is what, the 3rd or 4th team he's not stuck on? What makes you think Erixon was good enough to make this team?

(IB4 "Anyone is better than Rozsival!")

Maybe that "obstinate" coach saw something you didn't? This isn't NHL 15 where you can look at a player's overall rating and know what you're going to get. Erixon was a change of scenery project and it didn't work out. It happens. The Hawks lost nothing with this deal considering Morin isn't looking like he'll be anything special either.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Tim Erixon is the Kostka of this season. They play a handful of games, and you sometimes forget they're even on the roster.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Runblad has been decent on the offensive side of his game and gets far more shots on net than Keith or Seabs ever do. If he can work on the defensive side of his game, he could develop into a top 4 defenseman. I think the Hawks are in desperate need of a defensive coach who can properly teach the defensive side of the game. The Hawks offensive game pick up big time if management could just work on building up the defensive side of the game.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

What is Q's fault is that they should ALWAYS be playing over Rosy because he is (now) ****ing terrible.

That's the worst part about the whole deal. Every time I saw him play I thought he was WAY better than Roszival. The undeserved favoritism Q gives to certain players is ridiculous.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Would've been better to trade Morin for a pick. Oh well. Nothing of real value was lost.

Good luck to him in Toronto.

Scarbarian*

Question for Hawks fans.

Can Tim Erixon be an Ultimate Tank Commander for a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad