Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign John Hayden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Normally I would agree but there is nothing complicated about Hayden and his game. In my mind there were two "what ifs" for this guy:

1/ What about his skating
2/ Can he make the transition from College

His skating is adequate and his ability to transition is more psychological than anything and he doesn't seem the least bit intimidated. I still think it will be difficult for Q to keep him out of the line-up.

Hawks after Bickell is a team that has had a yearning for a PF with a shoot first mentality who can snipe and so far it looks like Hayden fits the bill perfectly.

most excellent opinion, i would love to add a pf who is a sniper with a shoot first ... etc...

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Not Kevin ... but Jimmy.

The way the phrased it, with the quoted post, you were referring to Kevin. Anyways, I don't think Jimmy had much to do with it, Kevin wanted to be on the east coast in Manhattan, we already saw Vesey make a similar choice.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The way the phrased it, with the quoted post, you were referring to Kevin. Anyways, I don't think Jimmy had much to do with it, Kevin wanted to be on the east coast in Manhattan, we already saw Vesey make a similar choice.

How was I referring to Kevin when I said, he doesn't have a BROTHER with delusions of his playing abilities? Kevin is a good a player ... Jimmy is terrible. Jimmy wasn't too happy when he was buried on our bench.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
How was I referring to Kevin when I said, he doesn't have a BROTHER with delusions of his playing abilities? Kevin is a good a player ... Jimmy is terrible. Jimmy wasn't too happy when he was buried on our bench.

Because the post you were responding to was referring to Jimmy so your post was about Jimmy's brother which would be Kevin.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Not crazy about the reduced minutes he's getting on line 4 but at least he's getting some .. can't say that for Kempny!

He probably would have gotten more than 9:21 last night if he hadn't drifted into the middle of the slot and left his defensive assignment wide open for the guy to cleanly receive the pass and get off the shot that was deflected in for Tampa's 2nd goal. But he's a smart kid and I'm sure he learned from it. He still got 5 hits to lead the team in his reduced TOI and made a number of other good plays that don't show up on the score sheet.

I know I'm in the minority with my opinion of Jurco, but I like his game. His speed and willingness to engage in all 3 zones has me thinking he would be a good option for one of the 4th line wingers. I would like to a 4th line of Hayden-Kero-Jurco for a couple games to see how they would do.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
He probably would have gotten more than 9:21 last night if he hadn't drifted into the middle of the slot and left his defensive assignment wide open for the guy to cleanly receive the pass and get off the shot that was deflected in for Tampa's 2nd goal. But he's a smart kid and I'm sure he learned from it. He still got 5 hits to lead the team in his reduced TOI and made a number of other good plays that don't show up on the score sheet.

I know I'm in the minority with my opinion of Jurco, but I like his game. His speed and willingness to engage in all 3 zones has me thinking he would be a good option for one of the 4th line wingers. I would like to a 4th line of Hayden-Kero-Jurco for a couple games to see how they would do.

I agree about Jurco ... that could be a nice line for the PO's!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I would go with Hayden-Kruger-Jurco as the 4th line but I agree with your post.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Aside from a few understandable rookie mistakes I think the kid has been excellent and his role needs to be expanded. Once AA comes back, I'd love to see a Triple H line of Hayden, Hartman, and Hossa. Then roll Kero, Kruger, and Tootoo/Jurco/Ras on the 4th line.

Hayden is a MUCH better skater than I imagined, delivers meaningful hits (not the dumbass Bickell hits that often weren't part of the play), and is great along the boards. He also has offensive skills and would compliment the other two guys extremely well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad