Hawks of Yesteryear Part II - Madden AHL 17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Massive hit by Buff on Stone from the Sens... Miss this guy on our team. One of the guys I probably miss the most out of all the ones who have left.

There's actually a video on the main board thread that is front row on the glass directly where the hit happens. Might be one of the craziest real-time videos of a massive hit that I've ever seen.

Edit: Damnit, how do I embed? lol

Edit: Got it. Haha.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Buff is without a doubt my favorite former Hawk. Would do very bad things to have him back in the Indian head.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Our D corps would be nasty with him in the team. I still miss Sharp more, mostly for personal reasons though.

This is still one of my favorite pictures and since this series, Buff has been probably my favorite NHL player:

buff%20taunting%20fans_zpsqjalrjuk.jpg

Buffy the Luongo slayer. God, I miss that.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Johns pinches in and picks up the puck in the corner, 2 Kings run into him and they both hit the ice, Johns then lays a perfect pass to team mate but he fans on it, why is it that every time I see this guy he shines. What could have been :cry:

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Johns pinches in and picks up the puck in the corner, 2 Kings run into him and they both hit the ice, Johns then lays a perfect pass to team mate but he fans on it, why is it that every time I see this guy he shines. What could have been :cry:

He's going to be a good one

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
Saad just potted his 26th. What a year
He is what he's always been. A decent Top 6 Power Forward. They certainly don't grow on trees, but considering his contract I still don't think the Hawks regret giving him up. He's barely producing more than Anisimov.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He is what he's always been. A decent Top 6 Power Forward. They certainly don't grow on trees, but considering his contract I still don't think the Hawks regret giving him up. He's barely producing more than Anisimov.

Is Saad playing with NHL's leading scorer and leading rookie scorer every night?

It was terrible move at time and will always be a terrible move

Saad is going to be great player for many years and Anisimov has already shown his limitations and cost for him will go up next yera

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I still remember people here who said Saad will never get to 30 goals (or at least not for another 3-5 years) playing with Johansen. Now Johansen is gone and he's still on the cusp. Great year for Saad on a ****** Blue Jackets team. I'm sure he's not too happy not making the playoffs though. I still wonder if Stan signed him and still traded for Anisimov (Which according to Jackets GM he's been asking for Anisimov for years and just couldn't get it done until Saad entered the picture) what this team would've been like.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Being on a ****** team my have helped Saad and his point totals. He wasn't going to get the same PP minutes here as he has in Columbus. Plus his overall defensive play has taken a minor step back this year (less structure on that team).

Hawks are obviously missing him and will continue to miss him for the foreseeable future, but Anisimov isn't a bad player and he's a bit cheaper for a team looking to save some bucks here and there.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Is Saad playing with NHL's leading scorer and leading rookie scorer every night?

Saad is going to be great player for many years and Anisimov has already shown his limitations and cost for him will go up next yera

That's one hell of a hill to die on.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Funny that we call guys with a career high of 52pts a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad