Post-Game Talk: Hawks beat VAN 4-3 in SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Loss of Hossa takes all the joy out of this

Nearly choked ,, Still 2 pts again puts Hawks in good shape going forward

I think the hit on Hoss took all the wind out of the Hawks sails. It can be hard to keep up the intensity after seeing a teammate get seriously hurt (especially given Hossa's injury history).

mosluggo

Apr 12, 2012
Hard to hit when you have the puck the whole time.

Ok I'll agree with that.
But the rare chance that the other team has the puck, skating with their head down like I saw tons of tonight, a good hammering would be nice to see. Thats all

BlackhawksHawkey

Apr 12, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC
pyrrhic victory if I've ever seen one. Seabrook, Craw, and now Hossa. Injury was bound to happen but it just sucks. Anyways decent game played, keep playing like that and maybe put away one or two break aways and the team will be fine

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago
Hope Hossa is ok. Dirty hit. Another classless act by the canucks. Absolutely disgusting. Not very excited about this win with him being down. 13-0-3

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
If Hossa has any concussion symptoms, he needs to be shut down until at least the playoffs start, regardless of when he starts feeling normal again. I'm not a fan of players jumping back from concussions right when they start to feel OK again, because I don't think their heads are done healing at that point, and I'm glad that the lockout allowed Hossa to stay out longer than he might otherwise would have. I just hope he doesn't end up like Savard or Pronger where a seemingly minor second hit can cause massive problems.

Nothingman*

I guess the Canuck fans will not be able to hang their hat on stopping our point streak like they did Detroit's. the team looked a bit confused after that cheap shot to Hossa.

bulletwwings

Aug 17, 2011
Enemy Territory, STL
Ok I'll agree with that.
But the rare chance that the other team has the puck, skating with their head down like I saw tons of tonight, a good hammering would be nice to see. Thats all

Bickell and Stalberg have been throwing their bodies around. Sure we don't light guys up but we hit more than we used to for sure. At least I feel like it.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Well I guess they don't need to decide who they're sitting Friday night when Carcillo comes back.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Rivalries aside, really made me sick to hear/see that Hossa suffered another blow to the head. *******, man. I just hope he is okay. I want Hawks to lose games not players. :P

Get well soon, Hoss.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Bickell and Stalberg have been throwing their bodies around. Sure we don't light guys up but we hit more than we used to for sure. At least I feel like it.
Hawks were out hit 30-16.

1st game Hawks had 6 hits total. Sedins 5.

edit: Most were on Kruger and Hammer. Lol. Going after small countrymen, at least Kruger.

Last edited:

bulletwwings

Aug 17, 2011
Enemy Territory, STL
Hawks were out hit 30-16.

1st game Hawks had 6 hits total. Sedins 5.

I'm not saying we are outstanding in the hit department, but we have stepped up in that category. We used to get pushed around all the time, at least now a few guys are hitting when they are out there (Bickell, Stalberg, Shaw a little). Like someone else said to we are a puck possession team and when you have the puck all game its hard to get high hit totals.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Bolland made a few hits and even got a penalty for one as it was interference. Hossa skated off the ice and didn't look to bad. I think it was more a cautionary move to leave the game and not return. It was a dirty hit and the Canucks will always be a bunch of scum bags.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
If it's not the faceoffs you are whinging about it's the lack of hits. Just can't enjoy anything, can you (although Hoss getting injured does take the shine away from this victory)?
Hopefully Hoss rebounds quickly, but if it turns out to be a concussion I'd rather see them be cautious in allowing him back.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hoss loss ****ing sucks.
Emerys stinker was funny to watch tbh
Hossa destroyed them

Hansen took out the 2nd player in the 2nd game.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Projected stats that will totally happen, no doubt about it

Patrick Kane - 48 GP, 27-39-66, +27
Jonathan Toews - 48 GP, 21-24-45, +30
Marian Hossa - 48 GP, 24-18-42, +18
Patrick Sharp - 48 GP, 12-30-42, +12
Dave Bolland - 47 GP, 15-6-21, -6
Bryan Bickell - 48 GP, 6-15-21, +6
Marcus Kruger - 48 GP, 9-9-18, +6
Andrew Shaw - 48 GP, 9-9-18, +9
Viktor Stalberg - 48 GP, 9-9-18, +6

Duncan Keith - 48 GP, 3-27-30, +6
Brent Seabrook - 47 GP, 6-15-21, +9
Nick Leddy - 48 GP, 6-12-18, +15
Johnny Oduya - 48 GP, 0-15-15, +27

Corey Crawford - 30 GP, 21-0-9, 1.65 GAA, 3 SOs
Ray Emery - 18 GP, 18-0-0, 2.27 GAA, 0 SOs

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I love the Nucks motto against the Hawks, "if you can't beat the Hawks, BEAT the Hawks." This is why the Nucks do not deserve anything nice.

Nonetheless, hope Hoss gets well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad