Hate to say it but...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This team is starting to look like it might not make the playoffs.

Leafs now only four points back and the team's play is in freefall mode. Price's save percentage (despite him playing very well) is sinking like a stone and we can't score...

We need something. A coaching change, a trade... something to spark this team. 'Cause right now we suck.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Don't think you realize how bad the bottom of the East is. We only need about 25-26 points more to make the playoffs with 30 games left.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
As a leafs Fan I would have to say that you are just on a bad streak. It will pass, and you will make the playoffs. Sens suck too much to catch you.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

Leafs now only four points back and the team's play is in freefall mode. Price's save percentage (despite him playing very well) is sinking like a stone and we can't score...

We need something. A coaching change, a trade... something to spark this team. 'Cause right now we suck.

I think your overreacting a bit. Therrien will be gone after the playoffs don't worry.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia

what if this team does rebound and get a high playoff seed? is there any reason to believe this years playoff would be any different from last year? there still missing grit, defense and secondary scoring.

i would once again rather see a tank than that.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
We'll be fine once Therrien realizes Markov-Emelin isn't good enough this season...... at least I think.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Umm Sorry to say guys but the guy who started this thread is dead on. This team is horrible. If not for Price this team is dead last in the NHL and much worst then couple years ago period. Something really wrong with this team and a trade will not fix it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
what if this team does rebound and get a high playoff seed? is there any reason to believe this years playoff would be any different from last year? there still missing grit, defense and secondary scoring.

The playoffs were a lock a while back but look at the wildcard standings now:

Atlantic

1 Boston 47 62
2 Tampa Bay 49 61
3 Montréal 49 59

Metropolitan
1 Pittsburgh 48 70
2 Philadelphia 49 55
3 NY Rangers 50 55

Wild Card
1 Toronto 50 55
2 Columbus 48 52

Yes, still comfortably in a spot. But Toronto is four points back... that's nothing. We could easily drop to 7th.

We've seen this team collapse in the past and quite frankly, we're playing like crap. Still think we'll make the postseason but it's no longer a lock.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With how weak the East is, that 9-0-1 run from November should have punched our ticket alone unless we go on a 0-9-1 run, but that won't happen.

We are playing like garbage though. It'll be a short playoff run if something doesn't change.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Barring some change, I don't see anything being different. We'll get smoked again.
With Subban, Price and Max in their prime. Just no excuse for us to tank with the team we have now. Three or four years ago it would've made sense to rebuild... now?

MB keeps talking about building through the draft well... we already have. So I'm not sure what the gameplan is here. Do we have to wait until Fucale is in the league to start competing? We've got great truly elite players in their prime NOW. We haven't had this since the early 90s. I realize that this team has tons of holes in it but I don't see how making picks and holding onto them while sitting idle with the group we have makes sense.

And look at the way we're playing. It's very clear that we need some kind of spark. A coaching change (which won't happen) would probably be the best move but a trade maybe... MB has to do something to spark this team because we're playing like ******* right now. And we've been playing this way since November.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
Barring some change, I don't see anything being different. We'll get smoked again.

With Subban, Price and Max in their prime. Just no excuse for us to tank with the team we have now. Three or four years ago it would've made sense to rebuild... now?

MB keeps talking about building through the draft well... we already have. So I'm not sure what the gameplan is here. Do we have to wait until Fucale is in the league to start competing? We've got great truly elite players in their prime NOW. We haven't had this since the early 90s. I realize that this team has tons of holes in it but I don't see how making picks and holding onto them while sitting idle with the group we have makes sense.

And look at the way we're playing. It's very clear that we need some kind of spark. A coaching change (which won't happen) would probably be the best move but a trade maybe... MB has to do something to spark this team because we're playing like ******* right now. And we've been playing this way since November.

is there 1 or 2 trades that can make them competitive in the playoffs?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I said the same thing a few weeks back and was attacked for it, personally their play to date should already have them on the outside looking in. They looked good in the beginning, but the last 15 games or so have been putrid. Price is carrying this team on his shoulders.

I still think the roster is too good to go on a long downward spiral, but Therrien is making it like a possibility. I thought tonight was one of his better games managing the bench, but it was still poor.

Poor Nattinen. A buck 34 in icetime. Why even waste a roster spot to do this. Not that I think he deserved more icetime, but do these guys have no ****ing clue who they are icing before they do it?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
is there 1 or 2 trades that can make them competitive in the playoffs?
A coaching change would help.

We just sent back down Beaulieu... he could help. We could make a move for a big forward or some help on the back end, that would help.

Cup this year? No. But with a few moves we could be a lot better than we are. And we should actually be better than we are even with the lineup we have now.

Analyzer*

I'll tell you one thing.

We have, by far the worst ****ing coach in the league.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

You sound like this is a bad thing.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe we'll be first in the East if we play Parros more.. and match Beaulieu/Bouillon against other teams top lines like we did against JVR-Kessel tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad