Has New York been the luckiest team these playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Well they really had no business winning over Canes. And they absolutely have zero business being in the series against Florida.

What they are doing is just not sustainable.

They can 100% win a cup Igor playing like this but as you said it'd be a one off and not a measure of sustained success in the league. They're also doing it in a way that no other damn team should try to mimic at all.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I like how the Rangers are the luckiest team in the playoffs while the Panthers keep scoring goals on these nonsense bounces.
Rangers are in no way the luckiest team in the playoffs, however they do constantly get outplayed, so......they are lucky in the fact that their goalie is saving their bacon.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
The Rangers are not lucky right now. It may seem like they are because they get absolutely dominated every game and still come out on top. The truth is they have one player who steals games for them, if they lose the game it’s due to getting dominated so bad Igor can only do so much.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The Rangers are not lucky right now. It may seem like they are because they get absolutely dominated every game and still come out on top. The truth is they have one player who steals games for them, if they lose the game it’s due to getting dominated so bad Igor can only do so much.
lol wut? That’s the definition of luck.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
lol wut? That’s the definition of luck.

I would say luck is multiple blown calls that caused them to win. Maybe opposing teams best players getting hurt so they win. Pucks bouncing off the opposing teams players into the net to cause giving them a win.

idk if I can say getting pummeled every game and winning because of a dominate goalie is really luck. They drafted him and I would they are fortunate to have him, but I can’t say it’s luck they do.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
They were lucky that game got to OT. It looked like an NHL team vs an AHL team out there. They are even luckier it's 2-2.

Florida is clearly the better team. I don't think they win this series sans Shesterkin stealing it. I'm not sure Dallas would even have much of a chance against Florida either. In fact, I'd be stunned if it lasted more than 5 games.

Zibanejad, with all due respect, should not be the #1 C on a cup contending team. They need to get a legit #1 C like a Draisaitl. Breadman has gone missing again. And overall their top six has too many soft players.

Their D might just be a step above Edmonton. Fox is injured. But even when he is healthy, they have too many other guys that aren't legit top six D.

I would say luck is multiple blown calls that caused them to win. Maybe opposing teams best players getting hurt so they win. Pucks bouncing off the opposing teams players into the net to cause giving them a win.

idk if I can say getting pummeled every game and winning because of a dominate goalie is really luck. They drafted him and I would they are fortunate to have him, but I can’t say it’s luck they do.
Imo this series should already be over in Panthers favor. Jmo.

I get your point. They drafted Shesterkin and he's the reason it's 2-2. But overall Florida looks the better team.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
They were lucky that game got to OT. It looked like an NHL team vs an AHL team out there. They are even luckier it's 2-2.

Florida is clearly the better team. I don't think they win this series sans Shesterkin stealing it. I'm not sure Dallas would even have much of a chance against Florida either. In fact, I'd be stunned if it lasted more than 5 games.

Zibanejad, with all due respect, should not be the #1 C on a cup contending team. They need to get a legit #1 C like a Draisaitl. Breadman has gone missing again. And overall their top six has too many soft players.

Their D might just be a step above Edmonton. Fox is injured. But even when he is healthy, they have too many other guys that aren't legit top six D.

Imo this series should already be over in Panthers favor. Jmo.

I get your point. They drafted Shesterkin and he's the reason it's 2-2. But overall Florida looks the better team.
Trust me I know. They get dominated every game. I agree the series should be over.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
If you look at all the advance stats the answer is yes, they're getting outplayed almost every game if not for Shesterkin Carolina would have won that series and now the only reason it's tie 2-2 its because of him. I mean right now there's no doubt that the MVP of the playoff is Shesterkin. NY Rangers are damn lucky to have him.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I think Zibanejad and the others are doing fine. It's just that they meet an extremely good defense and maybe the best team in the league. Stacked with quality players.

It's always hard to evaluate players but I think it seems you don't need superstars to win the cup , it might be better to have quality distributed along the whole team instead of a superstar. Look at Vegas last year, Dallas this year and Florida too. (now doing better than Edmonton and Colorado)

(And as for Zibanejad he scored a lot of points against Carolina, (14 points total now - same as Panarin and only Trocheck doing better) players tend to go up and down during the playoffs due to injuries, opponents putting their best players against them etc. I mean , for every great forward there is an equally good defenseman.)

Rangers is maybe also softer but also a very different team than Florida, they do not rely on putting pressure on their opponent every shift - instead they punish their opponents with quick counter attacks, great pp and a lot of players that can finish.

Still I think Florida will win this, because it seems Flordia is stronger and Rangers also seem to have som injury problems.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
If you look at all the advance stats the answer is yes, they're getting outplayed almost every game if not for Shesterkin Carolina would have won that series and now the only reason it's tie 2-2 its because of him. I mean right now there's no doubt that the MVP of the playoff is Shesterkin. NY Rangers are damn lucky to have him.
Ehhh Carolina are advanced stats darlings though. Goalie is part of the team. You guys make it sound like NYR is getting caved in every game... The games are generally quite close, Igor just puts them over.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Having the best goalie in the league isn’t luck.

This is like saying Edmonton is lucky because they have McDavid and Draisaitl. Yes, the got lucky in the draft but they aren’t lucky game in and game out.

This is a false premise being pushed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad