Speculation: Has MacT made any comments since getting canned?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilforblood

Jul 13, 2005
I'm pretty sure he is under a gag order of sorts.... considering his downfall as coach and GM was that he couldn't keep his mouth shut at all. :whine:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He wasn't canned. He still has a relatively high position in the organization. I believe Chiarelli has called him the #2 guy.

But no, he hasn't made any comments from what I've seen. Don't blame him. I think he was pretty blind sided by being replaced. I remember hearing a taped interview with him the afternoon where it broke that Chiarelli was in town meeting with Bob Nicholson. It was clear he didn't have any clue about was going on.

Honestly I doubt we hear much from MacT going forward. Did we ever hear from Howson the past couple of years? MacT has essentially slid into that role.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
considering MacT never met a microphone or camera he didn't like, i'm surprised he hasn't said anything, but i imagine he's quite embarrassed about being demoted and probably doesn't want to show his face much because of it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I expect around the draft someone from the media will talk to him, whether or not we end up hearing about it who knows. At this point there is no reason for him to talk and there hasn't been any real public events for him to attend.

Maybe he's at the combine?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
considering MacT never met a microphone or camera he didn't like, i'm surprised he hasn't said anything, but i imagine he's quite embarrassed about being demoted and probably doesn't want to show his face much because of it.

It was his role to be a public face of the Oilers as GM. It's not his role anymore.

The Oilers are giving him the chance to learn from a competent GM. A few years serving under Chia and he just might soak up a little knowledge.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He wasn't canned. He still has a relatively high position in the organization. I believe Chiarelli has called him the #2 guy.

But no, he hasn't made any comments from what I've seen. Don't blame him. I think he was pretty blind sided by being replaced. I remember hearing a taped interview with him the afternoon where it broke that Chiarelli was in town meeting with Bob Nicholson. It was clear he didn't have any clue about was going on.

Honestly I doubt we hear much from MacT going forward. Did we ever hear from Howson the past couple of years? MacT has essentially slid into that role.

OBC is just hiding till the oilers win a few games and then like HYDRA they are going to pop out

He is a #2 guy alright.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm not really surprised. Iirc, it took at least six months before we heard from him after he was fired/quit from his head coaching job. That was when he left the organization. He's still here in an important role so there isn't anything for him to gain by talking to the media. Given his penchant for saying dumb stuff publicly, I'm sure he's thrilled about not having to talk to them anymore. Same thing can be said for Lowe.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
He'll be on stage at the draft, it'd be odd for an asst gm to hide away during the draft. Plus it'll be a high note with McDavid joining the team, it'll be safer for him to show his stupid face.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
It was his role to be a public face of the Oilers as GM. It's not his role anymore.

The Oilers are giving him the chance to learn from a competent GM. A few years serving under Chia and he just might soak up a little knowledge.

^i agree, but there were times he just needed to shut up and say nothing. like when he said another year of rebuilding will likely be upon us next season, it was like he conceded defeat for next season before we even played it, and that didn't sit well with the media or fans....like stick the knife in a little deeper why doncha? :shakehead

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
He'll be on stage at the draft, it'd be odd for an asst gm to hide away during the draft. Plus it'll be a high note with McDavid joining the team, it'll be safer for him to show his stupid face.

^i don't mind if he's onstage or hanging around or even giving an opinion if asked for one, as long as HE'S not the main guy making the decisions.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Only thing I've heard about Howson is that he, Bob Green and Stu and been going over their top 40 prospects quite thoroughly.

^and this may tell Green and PC whether or not they actually have a competent amateur scouting staff or not. now Stu and his boys are going to have to PROVE they should continue to scout for the Oilers. this draft is likely going to make or break the scouts. they've probably already started evaluating the prospects we have, right? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad