Has Anyone Not Named Gretzky, Lemieux or Orr ever dominated a year like Sakic?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
of course I don't dare bring up the Canadian vs European bias do I when it came to Hart voting?

After daring to claim that "Jagr got all the 2nd place votes and the actual voting record was very close" (which is factually wrong) I guess you might as well dare to bring up the anti-European bias in 1995 (one year after Sergey Fyodorov won the Hart ahead of Dominik Hašek). Sure. :sarcasm:

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
After daring to claim that "Jagr got all the 2nd place votes and the actual voting record was very close" (which is factually wrong) I guess you might as well dare to bring up the anti-European bias in 1995 (one year after Sergey Fyodorov won the Hart ahead of Dominik Hašek). Sure. :sarcasm:

A year in which a Canadian player didn't have a Hart trophy valid year. :sarcasm:

If Gretzky's team was better in 1993-94 and he doesn't get that awful +/-, you can bet he wins the Hart as well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Pearson, Selke, 10 pts behind GOAT for the Art Ross and was chosen over Wayno for the All-NHL First Team. Theres a very good reason why he won it over Hasek.

Iain Fyffe

Hockey fact-checker
Pearson, Selke, 10 pts behind GOAT for the Art Ross and was chosen over Wayno for the All-NHL First Team. Theres a very good reason why he won it over Hasek.
The point of the post you're responding to is not that Fedorov did not deserve to win, the point is that it's quite silly to claim there was an anti-European bias in the Hart voting when both the winner and the runner-up in 1994 were European.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad