Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... I thought Kale McCallum, who attended the development and rooking camps and showed some offensive skill in junior might be given a chance but he wasn't brought to the Rangers training camp.
McCallum may still be invited to Pack Camp.
Dufort (AHL contract) was with the NYR rookies last week, but not invited to NYR Camp

Reactions: RangersFan1994

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not a fan of Korczak (who already is in the 3rd year of his entry level contract having been sent back to the WHL for his first year and not producing or showing much in year 2)
I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He's 2 1/2 months older than Othmann. They were drafted the same year, both in their first year of eligibility. Because of when his birthday falls, he was eligible to play in the AHL a year earlier than Othmann, but he wasn't ready for it, so he went back. The CHL classifies it as an overage season, but it was only his D+2 season, and most kids drafted out of the CHL spend their D+2 season in the CHL.

He didn't have as good of a season in the AHL as I hoped he would, but he is by no means behind in his development. Hopefully he can make a significant jump this season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Bisons added 3 more guys today
1726859190483.png

Engelbart, a 6'4" bottom 6 C, had been teammate of Berard and Chmelar

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Two more Bison additions: Lockhart had pretty good numbers in the OHL but is really small.

Connor Lockhart was a decent prospect for the Canucks, shocked they did not sign him. I wonder if the Rangers might try to sign him down the road. He seems like a speedy pest type of player. Not a bad player to have even if it’s AHL NHL depth at best.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
took an early look at possible Pack veterans and the Maximum Veteran rule

I included Brodz, and Bowey and Erne, and Ruhwedel
(maybe unlikely but I did notice his new deal is 2-way)
And Nash is out til we hear otherwise
(if i missed someone, or toher erros, let me know)
So while 8 guys listed >320 RS GP, in reality will be fewer

Leschyshyn seems only guy in the 260<RS GP<320 classification

so not quite the roster crunch it looks like from the chart,
and of course we want the prospects playing as much as reasonable

NamebirthdateReg Season pro games <Oct'24
Nash8905>320
Ruhwedel9005>320
Belzile9108>320
Brodzinzki9306>320
Harpur9501>320
Blidh9503>320
Bowey9504>320
Erne9504>320
Leschyshyn9903279
Sucese9607220
Hillman9601189 (+91 ECHL
Fitzgerald9702211
Mackey9609164

What is the AHL’s development rule?
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game,
at least 13 must be qualified as "development players."
Of those 13,
12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues),
and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games.*
All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Two more Bison additions: Lockhart had pretty good numbers in the OHL but is really small.

and 3 more Bison adds, via Future-Considerations trades

Evans is 27,had been 'try-out' invite to NYR Camp, already re-assigned to Pack camp in that early round of cuts. Has had 2 ECHL seasons following 4 at UConn,

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
I predict that whoever the goalies are in Bloomington are going to have some rough sledding.

And boy are their jersey logos a mess.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Lockhart was outstanding last year in Oshawa. Plays a lot bigger than his size. Great skater and very skilled, but plays the game like a pest. I think you might something there with him if he can fill out and get a little bulkier. The plauer he reminds me of the most is Justin Danforth on Columbus. Short but stocky, can really skate and gets to the net hard. He has the skill to play at the NHL level, it’s just whether he can handle the strength.

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Lockhart was outstanding last year in Oshawa. Plays a lot bigger than his size. Great skater and very skilled, but plays the game like a pest. I think you might something there with him if he can fill out and get a little bulkier. The plauer he reminds me of the most is Justin Danforth on Columbus. Short but stocky, can really skate and gets to the net hard. He has the skill to play at the NHL level, it’s just whether he can handle the strength.
I hope the Rangers give him a ELC at some point. Is going to be signed to an AHL with Hartford if he has a good camp? He would definitely add some RW depth to this organization even if he doesn't pan out. Worth the risk. A pest is always a good to have in this organization. Lockhart was a teammate of Brennan Othmann for Peterborough in 22-23 season

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Lockhart played with Othmann in Peterborough 2 years ago. I imagine the Rangers are very familiar with him. He's going to need to show pretty quickly that he is too good for the ECHL if he's going to have any hope of an NHL career. He's going into his D+4 season and forwards rarely, if ever, go from the ECHL to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad