Hart?

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Would you support the Flyers making a qualifying offer to Carter Hart? Or another team, doing the same?

For better or worse, he is the most accomplished player facing the trial...so it will get discussed.

Sorry if it has already been discussed.

I myself think...no. But it's not an outright no. So I am interested to hear what more fans think too.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Would you support the Flyers making a qualifying offer to Carter Hart? Or another team, doing the same?

For better or worse, he is the most accomplished player facing the trial...so it will get discussed.

I myself think...no. But it's not an outright no. So I am interested to hear what more fans think too.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
20230616_183536.gif

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

It should be

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Emotions aside. Innocent until proven guilty?!
If the league allows them to keep his rights it would be short sighted not to. They simply don't have a realy #1 goaltender and can't afford to just let him go.

But no, I don't want him anywhere near the locker room until everything is sorted out.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Emotions aside. Innocent until proven guilty?!
While “innocent until proven guilty” is a cornerstone of legal systems, especially in democratic societies, its application outside of the courtroom can be contentious. Here are several arguments against strictly adhering to this principle outside the judicial context:

1. Public Safety Concerns: In certain situations, particularly involving allegations of violent crimes or abuse, immediate preventive action may be necessary to protect potential victims. Waiting for a legal conviction could put people at risk.

2. Reputation and Trust: In professional or social contexts, organizations and individuals might choose to distance themselves from someone accused of serious misconduct to maintain trust and reputation. This can be seen as a precautionary measure to avoid association with potentially harmful behavior.

3. Workplace and Institutional Integrity: Employers and institutions might need to take immediate action to ensure a safe and productive environment. This could involve suspending or even terminating individuals accused of serious misconduct pending investigation, to preserve morale and prevent further issues.

4. Public Opinion and Social Norms: Social consequences often follow a different logic than legal processes. People might react to accusations based on perceived patterns of behavior or societal norms, leading to social ostracization or backlash even before legal determinations are made.

5. Complexity of Proving Guilt: In some cases, particularly those involving power dynamics or systemic issues, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt can be exceptionally difficult. Adhering strictly to “innocent until proven guilty” might allow harmful behaviors to persist unchecked due to the high burden of legal proof.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know all the teams have sought guidance, so it’s likely each team will do the same thing. I wonder if the league will take that action for them.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Yes.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
While “innocent until proven guilty” is a cornerstone of legal systems, especially in democratic societies, its application outside of the courtroom can be contentious. Here are several arguments against strictly adhering to this principle outside the judicial context:

1. Public Safety Concerns: In certain situations, particularly involving allegations of violent crimes or abuse, immediate preventive action may be necessary to protect potential victims. Waiting for a legal conviction could put people at risk.

2. Reputation and Trust: In professional or social contexts, organizations and individuals might choose to distance themselves from someone accused of serious misconduct to maintain trust and reputation. This can be seen as a precautionary measure to avoid association with potentially harmful behavior.

3. Workplace and Institutional Integrity: Employers and institutions might need to take immediate action to ensure a safe and productive environment. This could involve suspending or even terminating individuals accused of serious misconduct pending investigation, to preserve morale and prevent further issues.

4. Public Opinion and Social Norms: Social consequences often follow a different logic than legal processes. People might react to accusations based on perceived patterns of behavior or societal norms, leading to social ostracization or backlash even before legal determinations are made.

5. Complexity of Proving Guilt: In some cases, particularly those involving power dynamics or systemic issues, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt can be exceptionally difficult. Adhering strictly to “innocent until proven guilty” might allow harmful behaviors to persist unchecked due to the high burden of legal proof.

So you're...a bot?

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
So what kind of reaction do you want if someone accuses you of sexual assault? Immediate pariah status, or do you want your day in court before people pour hate on you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad