Value of: Hampus Lindholm to Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Lindholm is still young enough to be a building block and leader for Anaheim. They aren’t going to let him go for “rental” value even if he has only a year left - anyone interested in him would have to pony up a serious package of blue chip talent with the intent on making Lindholm a part of their own core moving forward - because he’s absolutely part of Anaheim’s and there’s no reason at the current time to think re-signing him will be a problem.

That said I certainly don’t think he’s untouchable on a team that has bottomed out. But the cost should make any potential suitor squirm with discomfort - fair play to a team dealing a top defenseman in his prime.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think that we need some serious help in the defensive zone.
What kind of price would we pay for a player like Lindholm as a 1 year rental?
I doubt we sell lindholm as a “rental” prob have full intention of resigning him. On off chance he wants to test market, still would expect a high price on him

manson might be a better target and much cheaper..... what duck fans would want for lindholm would make Florida fans mad

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see Lindholm being part of the core for Anaheim moving forward and so they will likely re-sign him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lindholm is still young enough to be a building block and leader for Anaheim. They aren’t going to let him go for “rental” value even if he has only a year left - anyone interested in him would have to pony up a serious package of blue chip talent with the intent on making Lindholm a part of their own core moving forward - because he’s absolutely part of Anaheim’s and there’s no reason at the current time to think re-signing him will be a problem.

That said I certainly don’t think he’s untouchable on a team that has bottomed out. But the cost should make any potential suitor squirm with discomfort - fair play to a team dealing a top defenseman in his prime.
I agree that Anaheim wouldn't consider him a rental price tag. Any team that is acquiring him would be looking to sign him to a contract extension. He's 27, not 33.

Anaheim has to figure out how long this rebuild of theirs is going to take. This is year 3 in the bottom 10, with each year getting worse. If Anaheim keeps Lindholm, it will likely be for the max term contract of 8 years which takes him to age 36.

How is his health? He got into 56 games last season, so he would have missed around 13-15 games. Only got into 18 / 56 games this season.

If you are concerned about that then moving may make more sense, given the term he would be looking for on his next contract.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I agree that Anaheim wouldn't consider him a rental price tag. Any team that is acquiring him would be looking to sign him to a contract extension. He's 27, not 33.

Anaheim has to figure out how long this rebuild of theirs is going to take. This is year 3 in the bottom 10, with each year getting worse. If Anaheim keeps Lindholm, it will likely be for the max term contract of 8 years which takes him to age 36.

How is his health? He got into 56 games last season, so he would have missed around 13-15 games. Only got into 18 / 56 games this season.

If you are concerned about that then moving may make more sense, given the term he would be looking for on his next contract.

This was the worst year yet, but also easily the most promising, as we were able to see a young core starting to emerge vs floating in purgatory the previous couple seasons.

So much will hinge on developing a proper powerplay. Having finished with the worst percentage in history this season, it may be fair to argue that the team would be a fringe playoff contender even with an average PP.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Duck have a greater chance of dropping to 3rd or 4th, Then getting the #1 overall pick.
That's the thing about lottery odds... there's still the chance they could win it. ;)

I'm by no means banking on that, let's be clear about that. BUT, it's important to remember a lot of what goes on these threads is speculation; as such there's nothing wrong with entertaining the possibility of something that has a known statistical probability--however small that might be.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's the thing about lottery odds... there's still the chance they could win it. ;)

I'm by no means banking on that, let's be clear about that. BUT, it's important to remember a lot of what goes on these threads is speculation; as such there's nothing wrong with entertaining the possibility of something that has a known statistical probability--however small that might be.

The Ducks winning the lottery is exponentially more likely than most of what gets discussed in this section haha

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
You probably won't find one Ducks fan that is willing to trade Hampus as a rental until he makes it 100% clear that he will not resign.

Or he tells BM that he 'does' want to resign with Anaheim, but is willing to play elsewhere for a year if there's a significant return/someone who can actually occasionally find the back of the net.

Of course the risk with that is that he decides Florida wins more games & is willing to stick around there instead of going back.

I really don't see this as a realistic scenario ... but it's been a weird couple of years in & out of hockey so who knows.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
IF Lindholm is traded, it will likely be like when Stone was dealt. With an extension in place that is signed soon after the trade. The only other scenario is if Lindholm has said that he will not re-sign or the two sides are extremely far apart in discussions. No return for Lindholm will equal the impact he has (#1 defensive D) when he's on the ice, and the Ducks shouldn't give that up without exhausting all options to keep him.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Or he tells BM that he 'does' want to resign with Anaheim, but is willing to play elsewhere for a year if there's a significant return/someone who can actually occasionally find the back of the net.

Of course the risk with that is that he decides Florida wins more games & is willing to stick around there instead of going back.

I really don't see this as a realistic scenario ... but it's been a weird couple of years in & out of hockey so who knows.

That's pretty rare and I don't really want to speculate on something that unlikely.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I see Lindholm being part of the core for Anaheim moving forward and so they will likely re-sign him.

Disagree. He’s injury prone and with other younger defenseman making a name for themselves like Drysdale. He is expendable.

Lindholm imo is completely available this off season. And Anaheim may take another defenseman this draft with Owen. That’s even more reason being available.

The pairings are already stapled with Cam Fowler? And adding Owen Power makes the lines messy with Lindholm possibly

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Disagree. He’s injury prone and with other younger defenseman making a name for themselves like Drysdale. He is expendable.

Lindholm imo is completely available this off season. And Anaheim may take another defenseman this draft with Owen. That’s even more reason being available

Imagine wanting to trade your #1 defensemen because a prospect (that doesn't even play the same side) looked good for 24 games...

Reactions: Vipers31

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
That's pretty rare and I don't really want to speculate on something that unlikely.

Anaheim may take Owen Power. Please explain your linings if he’s drafted. Lindholm wouldn’t make the top 4. And you have a blossoming Drysdale as well. Are you getting rid of Manson? How the hell does Lindholm make the top 4. Please explain your lines

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Imagine wanting to trade your #1 defensemen because a prospect (that doesn't even play the same side) looked good for 24 games...

It doesn’t matter about side. Anaheim has a cluster f worth of defenseman again. This is the same predicament Anaheim was in when Theodore was expendable to Vegas. Please explain your lines if Power is drafted.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I think that we need some serious help in the defensive zone.
What kind of price would we pay for a player like Lindholm as a 1 year rental?

Its going to have to be a 2022 first. If Anaheim drafts Owen Power? We have to protect Lindholm from Seattle. I don’t know the exact data. But we lost Theodore to Vegas in this same predicament. If I’m Murray I’m calling folks if Anaheim gets number 1 overall.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Some of your finest work DucksGo

Says the person who doesn’t even answer the question. Please explain your lines if Owen Power is drafted. The kid can play now. And someone is out the door during the expansion draft. This a Theodore experience again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad