Value of: Hakanpaa and Holtby to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
What would it take to get these two in Pittsburgh? Physical RD and a strong backup goalie are 2 of the Penguins major needs and I think these two guys both fit the bill.
I don't see how Stars are wanting to move them. Why would they?

Ask for Klingberg for all that entails, or a gently used Khudobin, and you might be on to something. But that's not what Pens need.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Feel like theyre gonna sign Holtby. But I wonder if theyd retain on a Khudobin deal to shed his contract. Hes at the age where he could be cooked but I feel like he would rebound with a light workload as our backup. He had his best years doing just that.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Why? Hakanpaa just signed this off-season for 3 years to play with the Fins. He has played well in Dallas. Why would they trade him? I get how it helps you but unless it’s a massive overpay doubt Dallas goes for it. Looks real bad to trade him for free agents in the future as well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Zucker for Khudobin makes sense for both. Kinda needs more to balance like maybe Dallas throws in a pick or eats a little salary. 2 overpaid guys that don’t fill any need for either team, both expire after next year. Dallas has a bunch of forwards on expiring deals and Pittsburgh needs a backup with playoff experience in case Jarry shits the bed again.

Not sure Dallas has the space for Zucker right now though.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Don't even really want Khudobin as a backup.....ya I know he's just a backup but if Jarry pulls another playoff dump I dont feel any better with Khudobin. He hasn't looked good lately. Even when the Stars made the run a few years back he was letting in some easy goals

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Would love Hakanpaa on this team, been wanting him for a while but he signed with Dallas for a reason, they wont trade him.

Pass on Khudobin, he's probably as bad as CDS now.

Reactions: wgknestrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad