Proposal: #habsdeals (California Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Here are a couple of somewhat minor trade ideas I had for Montreal. Both would depend on each other.

:kings
W Dwight King

:habs
2018 Washington 2nd rd. pick
----------------------------------------
:ducks
2018 3rd rd. pick

:habs
W Sven Andrighetto

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
King - Desharnais - Shaw
Carr - Danault - Mitchell

(Byron, Flynn)

Overpayment? Underpayment?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I suppose we could keep Ghetto and waive Flynn. Could we add King for a pick and still stay under the cap (not that Ghetto would make a huge cap difference)?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I suppose we could keep Ghetto and waive Flynn. Could we add King for a pick and still stay under the cap (not that Ghetto would make a huge cap difference)?

cant we waive matteau instead of flynn. at least fylnn has some use penalty killing. even waie desharnais to see if someone would take him.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
cant we waive matteau instead of flynn. at least fylnn has some use penalty killing. even waie desharnais to see if someone would take him.

As you can see from my lineup above, I already waived Matteau... so both.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
King - Desharnais - Andrighetto
Carr - Danault - Mitchell
(Byron, Lehkonen)

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Sven for Yakupov at about the middle point of the season if it makes sense for both teams?

I think it's possible Yak bounces back in a big way. But I also think it's almost equally possible that Yak plays in a way that basically says he wants a change of scenery. It's one of those 'let's see how things go fist' and 'maybe' type deals, but just wanted to see what the reaction would be, if any, to this suggestion.

EDIT: Another reason why I think this works, is because if Yak just has a 'meh' season with the Oilers, they wont protect him from the expansion draft, and I think Las Vegas would roll the dice and take him. However, I think Yak has a bigger chance to turn things around if he has a change of scenery, and Gally might help that even more. So if he turns things around with MTL, then MTL would likely protect him, and EDM gets a useful play in Sven who likely wont get taken, when they otherwise would've lost Yak and had nothing to show for it -- but in this scenario they get Sven, which is much better than nothing. Both teams win, and get a player that is useful to them for the long-term. All of this obviously isn't for certain, but just sort of playing the odds (or my gut feeling). Of course, there's still the possibility he turns it around in a big way in EDM, and then would be protected from the draft, which is why I would want to wait until about the mid-point of the season and see how things are going at that point. Anyway, just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Sven for Yakupov at about the middle point of the season if it makes sense for both teams?

I think it's possible Yak bounces back in a big way. But I also think it's almost equally possible that Yak plays in a way that basically says he wants a change of scenery. It's one of those 'let's see how things go fist' and 'maybe' type deals, but just wanted to see what the reaction would be, if any, to this suggestion.

sven has more determination and a bigger drive to be a better player. Yakupov obv has the higher potential and skills.
I would take Yakupov as a habs fan only bcuz i wanna see him lined up with galchenyuk. Ghetto will also have a tough time staying in mtl's lineup cuz of all the nhl vets + nhl ready prospects.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Yeah. I'd be ok with this.
I think Yak can turn it around if he can get out of Edmonton.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
sven has more determination and a bigger drive to be a better player. Yakupov obv has the higher potential and skills.
I would take Yakupov as a habs fan only bcuz i wanna see him lined up with galchenyuk. Ghetto will also have a tough time staying in mtl's lineup cuz of all the nhl vets + nhl ready prospects.

Yeah. I'd be ok with this.
I think Yak can turn it around if he can get out of Edmonton.

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. Glad it's somewhat positive.

Another reason why I think this works, is because if Yak just has a 'meh' season with the Oilers, I still think Las Vegas would take him and roll the dice. However, I think Yak has a bigger chance to turn things around in a change of scenery, and Gally might help that even more. So if he turns things around with MTL, then MTL would likely protect him, and EDM gets a useful play in Sven who likely wont get taken, when they otherwise would've lost Yak and had nothing to show for it -- but in this scenario they get Sven, which is much better than nothing. All of this obviously isn't for certain, but just sort of playing the odds (or my gut feeling). Of course, there's still the possibility he turns it around in a big way in EDM, which is why I would want to wait until about the mid-point of the season. Anyway, just some thoughts.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

why does edmonton do this deal?

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
all day yes to King for any pick above 75th overall in 17' (late 2 / early 3). he'd probably slot in really nicely on montreal too.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Sweet! I'd like to have Amadio too but I doubt that would happen.

I think you'd be happy to find out that high end kings prospects like him are just the add lombardi loves to give as additions for rentals. don't stop believing.

weal, zykov, fasching, simmonds etc.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
all day yes to King for any pick above 75th overall in 17' (late 2 / early 3). he'd probably slot in really nicely on montreal too.

Dean and sutter isn't giving up one of there favorites for a that Let's be serious he is only getting traded for a slight over payment min. :help: Lets not forget king always gets moved into top six and your not getting someone playing top 6 mins for a 3rd round pick sorry :shakehead

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think you'd be happy to find out that high end kings prospects like him are just the add lombardi loves to give as additions for rentals. don't stop believing.

weal, zykov, fasching, simmonds etc.

Only one out of those 4 that was higher end is zykov weal fashing are 2nd tier and simmonds was already in the league so no longer a prospect

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Dean and sutter isn't giving up one of there favorites for a that Let's be serious he is only getting traded for a slight over payment min. :help: Lets not forget king always gets moved into top six and your not getting someone playing top 6 mins for a 3rd round pick sorry :shakehead

I think we can agree that the prospect of 82 games having both dwight king and trevor lewis both on the team again is not ideal (sucks) for that purpose of people going cold/injured in top 6. if he's not gone by end of camp I have high hopes for deadline lol.

Only one out of those 4 that was higher end is zykov weal fashing are 2nd tier and simmonds was already in the league so no longer a prospect

I included Simmonds because I think he was moved due to having others in that "box" in the system at the time and was the addition to B. Schenn not main piece.

I don't agree with Weal and Zykov. I think they were both the best the kings had to add when it came to prospects to offer. fasching may not be top tier but I still think he'll be an impact NHL player. (probably more so than Zykov or Weal)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad