CBC Hot Stove: Habs looking for top 4 D

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
According to Kypreos, the Habs are in the market for a top 4 D.
What's available and at what cost?

My personal preference is Cam Fowler, who I think would be a perfect partner for Weber, but no idea if Habs have what it would cost or would be willing to part with it if they do.
I think they are mainly looking for a #2 guy to pair with Weber on the top pair but they are calling it top 4, I think mainly because there is no guarantee Therrien will play the person in the top pairing.

Other options?

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
We need a good defensive LHD (Weber/Petry are our top 4 RHD's, Emelin is on our top pair right now) who can move well, personally i'd like someone like Brodin. Whoever plays with Weber is going to play shutdown minutes with a lot of d-zone starts.

Our D trade chips are Beaulieu and Sergachev (Sergachev is only moving for a very good/young dman). Forward trade chips are McCarron and Scherbak.

Last edited:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
The wild are probably the best bet.

Ducks defensemen aren't going anywhere right now.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Hopefully Habs offer something worth a teal to trade and not pennies for a dollar like they are prone to

Oct 18, 2011
if you want fowler be prepared to pay, and just a reminder the ducks do not want or need defense back. so you're probably gonna have to look at someone else most likely

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
if you want fowler be prepared to pay, and just a reminder the ducks do not want or need defense back. so you're probably gonna have to look at someone else most likely

I think it's safe to say Fowler is off the market after Murrays recent comments.
Maybe if Anaheim is on the outside looking in come the trade deadline.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Price is pretty much unreal. Who cares if 1 of your top 4 D isn't good enough. Everything he does something stupid Price will just bail him out.

Just sign someone to stand in next to Price and punch him everytime someone touches him and you've pretty much got the cup already

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Chevy pulls off a trade (Trouba) for a new top 4 LHD (upgrade on Toby or younger then Toby), maybe he then trades Toby to Habs (if Toby waives). Has been rumours over past year about Toby maybe being available.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
We need a good defensive LHD (Weber/Petry are our top 4 RHD's, Emelin is on our top pair right now) who can move well, personally i'd like someone like Brodin. Whoever plays with Weber is going to play shutdown minutes with a lot of d-zone starts.

Our D trade chips are Beaulieu and Sergachev (Sergachev is only moving for a very good/young dman). Forward trade chips are McCarron and Scherbak.

I don't see anything intriguing from mtl that's a realistic return for brodin. Not a knock on mtl. Couple of reasons for that. First, he's looking better under boudreu and stevens (small sample granted). Most wild fans felt he was holding back or being held back under yeo. He's a skilled and smart player so we're hopeful he can make some strides from good to great. Second we're still in a tough spot for expansion if we trade him. We'll have to expose a good dman or only protect 4 forwards. So the forward coming back would have to be a great fit for it to make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad