GDT: Habs @ Leafs - 7pm - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Not to mention all the fans that want to go for it, every trade deadline
Imagine we never traded a 1st round pick, like it was a rule for this team.

It rarely does any good to trade one IMO. Maybe 1 in 3 play NHL games (the picks I mean) but I'm sure 2 or 3 over a 10 year span end up being more impactful than a deadline add that doesn't push the needle up at all.

It does seem like 99% of people here always want to upgrade at the TDL as we're in "win now" mode. This goes as far back as the first year we barely made the playoffs and people wanted to keep JVR as our "own rental".

I generally don't like to say "it's the same people complaining" as it's not like I keep a list or anything but considering the number, I'd say it has to be many of the same people. ;)

Oh god, the "own rental" thing. Who invented that term? It was either the Leafs GM at the time, or the Toronto media?

What a stupid way to say "we're gonna keep this asset who we could easily aquire assets for, fail to get out of the first round, and lose this asset with nothing coming in"

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
They've drafted 31 times in the last 5 years, that is 6.2 times per year.

How many playoff teams are doing that?

Blame him for finally having some players knocking on the door of the NHL too.

He was given a terrible prospect pool, now, ours is respectable for a playoff team.

I think fans forget how bad our prospect pool was here before Dubas and how bad we were at drafting.

Dubas made mistakes no doubt. But he did help setup one of the best developing programs in the NHL and a very good scouting team.
I think fans think that drafting in the NHL is like the NFL when its more like the NBA. Its hard to make the NHL as a 1st rd pick let alone all the other rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad