GDT: Habs @ Leafs - 7pm - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Watching that, either Nylander is soft as Downey, or he is incapable of taking contact.

I honestly felt he flopped because he felt it was one of the habs and wanted to draw a penalty... then when he realized what transpired, he fully committed to the charade so that he does not look like flopper in front of the refs. The dude is too skilled to be taken down that easily going to the net, if the puck was on his stick there is no way in hell he would of went down.

I may be wrong on this, but watching that again and again, I am just really surprised that was all it took to bring him down. Seen him being ridden harder than that, and still make the play.
This 100%

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I didn't even notice Liljegren much last night which is actually a good thing.
It was against a AHL lineup but both OEL/ Lilly had solid games.
These two players are very crucial if we want to have a strong defence this year.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Nylander has to share some of the blame. That play happens from time to time but Willy went down like he was hit by a sniper. Is he that weak on his skates

Willy went down easier then that Stuzle clown from Ottawa
Was there a media member asking Robertson what was he even thinking??
Willy did try to sell it that's for sure, not realizing his own guy did this to him.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I dont think Nylander dove on the play. He isnt a diver and why dive in preseason?

It may have just caught him off balance and it was just bad timing and bad luck. Nothing more.

Thankfully Nylander seems to be ok and this isnt a concussion issue that will linger all year.
Well lets hope it was no where near a concussion.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nice to see them finally win a preseason game against a lesser opponent.

They definitely tightened up in the third. Their forecheck was mainly a 1-2-2 conservative but they were playing a 1-1-3 or 1-4 at times. It also looked like they were using the stretch pass a lot more this game than against Ottawa.

The Good: They won a game and that's always nice. Cowan and Robertson both looked good. I assume Cowan will get his ten games at least. If they trade Robertson and keep Pacioretty that would be a mistake.

The Bad: Rielly/Tanev is not a cup contending top line defense. Rielly still making too many bad pinches. Tanev is good, but not good enough. They still need a proper 1RHD to push Tanev down to second pair where he belongs.

The Ugly: Ryan Reaves is a god awful hockey player. I don't know if he's the worst in the league but he's definitely the worst on this team. Unless he's punching someone in their stupid ugly face he's worse than useless.

Go Leafs Go
Reaves was very good last night.

Reactions: DarkKnight

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
There is no way Nylander thought that was a Montreal player . Weight on the wrong leg at the wrong moment and he fell. No big deal. I understand what Rson whas trying... not a high IQ move when puck was already heading the other direction. Bit Its a fast game.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Cowan had a solid game, had a couple chances but just couldn’t bury one. Wouldn’t say he’s that far off from being a regular NHL player. Really sucks it’s NHL or OHL for him.

OEL had a good game. He was contributing on both ends of the ice. Made smart simple plays.

Benoit, solid like usual.

Stolarz is surprising me. Looks very calm and huge in net.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
He must be the greatest locker room glue guy in the history of the game.

Our GM must be sniffing his glue. A good GM would already have Reavo's replacement (a younger, better version) ready in the minors.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I dont think Nylander dove on the play. He isnt a diver and why dive in preseason?

It may have just caught him off balance and it was just bad timing and bad luck. Nothing more.

Thankfully Nylander seems to be ok and this isnt a concussion issue that will linger all year.
Well lets hope it was no where near a concussion.

A lot of people love to judge diving in hockey, yet have either never/barely played at any form of competitive level or even skated.

They have no concept of how speed, center of gravity, momentum can all lead to certain points of contact resulting in a loss of balance.

Basically they see anyone fall on the ice and assume it was a dive unless they are smashed with a hit or bearhugged down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad