GDT: Habs @ Leafs - 7pm - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I want to like Nick Robertson, I really, REALLY do, said it because, will say it again I think he can be a 25 goal guy.

But then he goes out and pushes Nylander head first into a habs players knee.

The f*** is wrong with this idiot?

My guy players do that every game. It was an accident. It happens. To call him an idiot and get mad at him for it is something else

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That happens in a game alot where a player tries to push other player with a stick

It was an honest mistake.

I didn't say he did it on purpose.

There is a difference between malicious and stupid.

He's stupid

My guy players do that every game. It was an accident. It happens. To call him an idiot and get mad at him for it is something else

I know it does, doesn't make it smart.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Seems like there's bumps and bruises ... but no significant injury to any guys.

It sucked what happened but after Saturday the Leafs don't play again until next Thursday.
Maybe the big guys only play 1 more tuneup game if any. Should be all good.

Just be ready for game 1.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I want to like Nick Robertson, I really, REALLY do, said it because, will say it again I think he can be a 25 goal guy.

But then he goes out and pushes Nylander head first into a habs players knee.

The f*** is wrong with this idiot?
Nylander has to share some of the blame. That play happens from time to time but Willy went down like he was hit by a sniper. Is he that weak on his skates

Willy went down easier then that Stuzle clown from Ottawa

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Maintenance day is used to not alarm anyone.
He could have taken a puck off his ankle...give him a maintenance day.

ZERO concern at this point.
There is zero concern about Matty

He's just catching up getting the "Cs" sewn on all his jerseys and all the 'Drew" jerseys he going to give to all his teammates at Xmas!🙄

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Berube saw the reply on the bench and when he asked Savard "Where did he go?" you can tell he was surprised Willy went off. I guess better safe than sorry in the pre-season, especially with Willy's history, but this team's core is a lot softer than he's used to.

Reactions: Racer88

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023

He's stupid

Watching that, either Nylander is soft as Downey, or he is incapable of taking contact.

I honestly felt he flopped because he felt it was one of the habs and wanted to draw a penalty... then when he realized what transpired, he fully committed to the charade so that he does not look like flopper in front of the refs. The dude is too skilled to be taken down that easily going to the net, if the puck was on his stick there is no way in hell he would of went down.

I may be wrong on this, but watching that again and again, I am just really surprised that was all it took to bring him down. Seen him being ridden harder than that, and still make the play.

Reactions: themilosh

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

He's stupid

You called him an idiot for something that happens almost every game (the idea of pushing your teammate forward, not getting hurt in the process). Seems pretty unreasonable.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Berube saw the reply on the bench and when he asked Savard "Where did he go?" you can tell he was surprised Willy went off. I guess better safe than sorry in the pre-season, especially with Willy's history, but this team's core is a lot softer than he's used to.

Man it’s preseason and something involving the head. Willy has a history of concussions/migraines. It is not soft at all to immediately take him out of this meaningless game given even the tiny chance continuing to play could make the situation worse. I thought Berube’s initial reaction was weird but we move on, no big deal.

Also thought Gary Galley as the commentator saying the bench was probably chuckling was moronic and man I wish I don’t wish to hear him on Leafs games this season.

And for Nick, really bizarre to make a desperation move like that in preseason, again who cares about the game result. But hopefully he doesn’t let it bother his mental game and everything’s fine.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Man just watched the Robertson goal on my DVR and Galley mentions even if he doesn’t make the Leafs, at least other teams see him scoring. Another weird comment in the moment right after a goal, screw this guy he sucks. Cowan is obviously going back and Robertson will make the team, there is no realistic battle when both can be held as assets. And not the time to speculate literally as the team celebrates a goal.

Last edited:

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Im actually shocked at how good OEL looked.

Cowan and Robertson absolutely battling for that spot both were better than Patches but hes big and hes already made the team. Both made a ton of chances happen tonight.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Almost every time I go out for a drive, I see someone make a turn without using their turn signal. Just because it happens every day doesn't mean it isn't stupid. I see plenty of stupid in every game I watch....and not just from the Leafs.

Reactions: Frostitute

TopCheeseShotta

Mar 1, 2020
Man that was a frustrating game. Every time we had the puck, it was like we were in a hurry to give it away. I've felt that way in a lot of games over the last few seasons, though. I don't know how to put it, but - I get this weird feeling like the vibe of this team is kinda, --->> they're afraid to have "good things" or sumthin'..??

I think maybe Sundin should stay around the team, and let them know it's OK to be a Leaf and be imperfect - but to just go for it with all you have like they always did anyways. These lambs need a mf'in shepherd.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
New rule... do not try to boost Nylander. Marner did it in last years playoffs and Nylander fell then too and appeared to look back at Marner like WTF?

1727418757841.jpeg
1727418777257.jpeg
1727418803498.jpeg

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Nice to see them finally win a preseason game against a lesser opponent.

They definitely tightened up in the third. Their forecheck was mainly a 1-2-2 conservative but they were playing a 1-1-3 or 1-4 at times. It also looked like they were using the stretch pass a lot more this game than against Ottawa.

The Good: They won a game and that's always nice. Cowan and Robertson both looked good. I assume Cowan will get his ten games at least. If they trade Robertson and keep Pacioretty that would be a mistake.

The Bad: Rielly/Tanev is not a cup contending top line defense. Rielly still making too many bad pinches. Tanev is good, but not good enough. They still need a proper 1RHD to push Tanev down to second pair where he belongs.

The Ugly: Ryan Reaves is a god awful hockey player. I don't know if he's the worst in the league but he's definitely the worst on this team. Unless he's punching someone in their stupid ugly face he's worse than useless.

Go Leafs Go

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Also I think somebody needs to ask Max Domi why?

Just why?

I understand that his preference is to pass the puck and make plays and that's fine he's a great playmaker.

But, but he had a breakaway, don't do that don't pass on a breakaway

NEVER pass on a breakaway because It's a breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad