GDT: Habs @ Leafs - 7pm - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I want to like Nick Robertson, I really, REALLY do, said it because, will say it again I think he can be a 25 goal guy.

But then he goes out and pushes Nylander head first into a habs players knee.

The f*** is wrong with this idiot?

My guy players do that every game. It was an accident. It happens. To call him an idiot and get mad at him for it is something else

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That happens in a game alot where a player tries to push other player with a stick

It was an honest mistake.

I didn't say he did it on purpose.

There is a difference between malicious and stupid.

He's stupid

My guy players do that every game. It was an accident. It happens. To call him an idiot and get mad at him for it is something else

I know it does, doesn't make it smart.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Seems like there's bumps and bruises ... but no significant injury to any guys.

It sucked what happened but after Saturday the Leafs don't play again until next Thursday.
Maybe the big guys only play 1 more tuneup game if any. Should be all good.

Just be ready for game 1.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I would think that uh, ekman larsson will get his spots on the 1st unit too. In the future. Like in total recall. Yall know hat arnold film right
This is sooooooooooo obvious.

Tavares and Reilly are PP2 for sure.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I want to like Nick Robertson, I really, REALLY do, said it because, will say it again I think he can be a 25 goal guy.

Nylander has to share some of the blame. That play happens from time to time but Willy went down like he was hit by a sniper. Is he that weak on his skates

Willy went down easier then that Stuzle clown from Ottawa

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Maintenance day is used to not alarm anyone.
He could have taken a puck off his ankle...give him a maintenance day.

ZERO concern at this point.
There is zero concern about Matty

He's just catching up getting the "Cs" sewn on all his jerseys and all the 'Drew" jerseys he going to give to all his teammates at Xmas!🙄

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

NHL players do that every game. Just a freak accident Nylander got hurt

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Berube saw the reply on the bench and when he asked Savard "Where did he go?" you can tell he was surprised Willy went off. I guess better safe than sorry in the pre-season, especially with Willy's history, but this team's core is a lot softer than he's used to.

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
I didn't say he did it on purpose.

There is a difference between malicious and stupid.

He's stupid

I know it does, doesn't make it smart.

Watching that, either Nylander is soft as Downey, or he is incapable of taking contact.

I honestly felt he flopped because he felt it was one of the habs and wanted to draw a penalty... then when he realized what transpired, he fully committed to the charade so that he does not look like flopper in front of the refs. The dude is too skilled to be taken down that easily going to the net, if the puck was on his stick there is no way in hell he would of went down.

I may be wrong on this, but watching that again and again, I am just really surprised that was all it took to bring him down. Seen him being ridden harder than that, and still make the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad