Post-Game Talk: Habs Laff last! Youngin's put on a show for the win!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Oh, no, people just like the look of it I think.
1665669359061.png

:sarcasm:

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I think everyone who is worried we are rushing the kids needs to watch last night and chill for a second. Marty is a great communicator, and isn’t going to be Therrien or Julien and put them in the dog house for mistakes.

We are living and dying by the sword aka mistakes the young guys will take and make. I love this approach. I do think Slaf should be sent down after 9 games though, he seems a step behind (which isn’t the end of the world)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Watching the intros, i was marvelling at how big this team magically got.

You noticed the size when you saw players using their long reach to break up plays, block passing lanes, and using their big frames to block shots.

Guhle: 6'2" & 205 lbs
Xhekaj: 6'4" & 238 lbs
Savard: 6'1" & 234 lbs
Kovacevic: 6'5" & 218 lbs

There is still the injured Edmundson, who is 6'5" & 225 lbs

Anderson: 6'3" & 227 lbs
Dach: 6'2" & 201 lbs
Slaf: 6'3" & 238 lbs
Monahan: 6'1" & 201 lbs
Dvorak: 6'1" & 201 lbs

Healthy scratch Pez is 6'1" & 216 lbs

There is still the injured Armia, who is 6'4" & 218 lbs

They also have guys who are over 6 feet, but a shade under 200 lbs. And others, who are a shade under both. Also, not everyone plays the physical game. But you notice that this is not a small team.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
You noticed the size when you saw players using their long reach to break up plays, block passing lanes, and using their big frames to block shots.

They also have guys who are over 6 feet, but a shade under 200 lbs. And others, who are a shade under both. Also, not everyone plays the physical game. But you notice that this is not a small team.
Wonderful and perfect summary pal.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Yeah, I was discussing with a friend last weekend that despite Bergy leaving us in cap hell, our prospect pool was actually very decent. Sure, we didnt have any bluechippers, but there’s a lot of depth. While he didn’t leave us with extra firsts, which HuGo took care of, we did stockpile a lot of picks.

The current plan is also evident on the ice. Team is heavier, but still pretty quick. The mere fact we dressed so many rookies is a testament on the faith the team has in its own plan.

So, we should have a more entertaining rebuild and I really don’t think it'll be as long and painful as a typical one.

Bergevin got lucky a lot and most of his moves were in spite of him not wanting to do them.

He would not have traded Pacioretty if Pacioretty didn't ask for a trade. So say bye to Suzuki and Romanov.

While trying to make the playoffs every year. He managed to miss them a lot in the last 6 years. And the time he made them it was by default.

2016 : got sergachev
2017 : lost in the 1st round
2018 : Got KK
2019 : Got Caufield ( barely missed the playoffs, we played over our head all year long and Price was there )
2020 : COVID playoffs ( We were clearly heading for bottom 5 that year. We could not win anything at the end ) Got Guhle. ( really good drafting )
2021 : Cup finals : broke the bank to make them. Sacrificed Weber, Price and Edmunston to do so and nearly got eliminated in 1st round.
2022 : New Management.

My point is : Of course we were stockpiling good draft pick. We were a really bad team. The players we are getting now are a result of a badly done rebuild where we only tried to maintain what we had.

We should have been way further along with the result we had. We should have gotten a good pick or asset for Danault, Weber, Price, Tatar and even Gallagher if our team assesment was done right at the time.

Maybe we would not have went to our Stanley Cup finals but we would have been on the verge of being a perennial contender and we surely would have been in position to make the playoffs and go far this year. We actually got saved by really good drafting in 2019 and 2020 first round but we could have chosen sooner.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In 1992 the Ottawa Senators opened their inaugural expansion season with a 5-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens.
I think Ottawa ended up winning about 10 games the entire season.
Was last night one of those adrenalin wins? Or is this team much better than last year's 22 win team?

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Why is it either/or like that?? Tavares is an incredible player. If he joins the Habs tomorrow, he'd be the best forward the Habs would've seen in over 20 years.
Good, you keep cheering for him then.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Dadanov is an awful awful hockey player that should never set foot on the ice on a professional level again.

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Gorton mentioned I think on Nilan's podcast that the whole Wilson mugging Panarin still ate at him. Habs should not be that soft and will be hard to play against.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
There‘s going to be a lot of misery this season, and no doubt we’ll be mocked by rival fanbases all year. We’re rebuilding so we just have to trust the process, and games like last night will be the anomalies rather than the norm.
And this exactly why I post certain things about other teams and players. It's for the lurkers who are bashing our team on their board. Unfortunately, you always get 1 or 2 members of our board who decide they're gonna be the knights in shining armour and defend the opposing team/players. It's for the lurkers guys, it's for the lurkers ffs :facepalm:

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
In 1992 the Ottawa Senators opened their inaugural expansion season with a 5-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens.
I think Ottawa ended up winning about 10 games the entire season.
Was last night one of those adrenalin wins? Or is this team much better than last year's 22 win team?

I don't think that last year's record was just a direct result of the player's talents rather than a combination of that and a ridiculous amount of injuries. I think we are the Sens of 2 seasons ago.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't think that last year's record was just a direct result of the player's talents rather than a combination of that and a ridiculous amount of injuries. I think we are the Sens of 2 seasons ago.
I can see 32-35 wins with this team.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Somewhere right now Pierre McGuire is reading this and is grinning from ear to ear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad