Post-Game Talk: Habs Laff last! Youngin's put on a show for the win!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
There hasn't been a single slapshot from Habs D at any point since preseason (even strength or PP). I think the directive is to just put a wrister on net.
That will all change once (if) Mailloux arrives. His wrist shot from the point is as hard as most players' slap shot. Think a future power play with Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Mailloux and Hutson. Now that's team building.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Honestly can't ask for more, since the hire of MSL, this team has been fun to watch!
Win or lose, this is all we ask for, play with heart and give 110%

I just found Dadonov was a little weak last night, he keeps playing like this Drouin will and should replace him

It's going to be like the Brian Savage years, this team will compete until about mid to end November, then teams will come back to normal
Not sure about Dadonov. He seems to be doing ok on the penalty kill, which Drouin does not provide.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't think so, that defense can only hide for so long.
Perhaps. With increasing parity in the league, the point differential among the bottom 10 or so teams will be marginal. One winning streak, or losing streak, can make the difference on where at team drafts. I think goaltending will be a bigger issue on this team than the defence and will, in the end, "allow" us to finish near the bottom. Last night, Matheson , and his 25-28 minutes and quaterbacking on the powerplay was missing. His presence will significantly improve the state of the defense. And with the general overall mobility of the remaining defencemen, we should be competitive in most games. As the Russians like to say: if you can skate, anything is possible. If you can't, nothing is. Overall, this defence can skate.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
If Allen wasn't great, he was pretty close.

It should have been 2-0 leafs when they got that chance seconds after the first goal.

Stopped a breakaway, and then a penalty shot. He also stopped a couple high danger chances in areas which were even more dangerous than the spot that Anderson scored his goal.

It was a low key really strong start by Allen. He can do this if you don't give him a huge workload.
He played well. Just saying he didn't have to be great to win. It isn't a knock on him.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It has nothing to do with whether i found it funny or not. It's that you posted a comment made by an old man who wants to have his schlong played with by the anthem singer. Now if you can't see why this is inappropriate on many levels, then you need to revaluate some stuff.
Like most woke people you missed the punch line. His wife put him in his place.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Okay, I have to ask what the f*** is the point of calling Xhekaj ... Jackeye? It's literally more letters and unless I missed something, there's no real humour to it?

Attachments

• Jackee.png
    Jackee.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Haha

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
X...i love you but...three mistakes. Do not let a guy behind you. If you don't know that by now, COSTCO wants you back. Be smarter.

Dudenov...sit your butt down. Healthy scratch.

Guhle..captain steady.

Slaf...yes, you can touch someone. You won't melt. You're not going to be something unless you use you huge body to fight for the puck.

Dach...impressed

CC...dare we dream 50?

Suzuki...effective but quiet.

Only one disappointment tonight with Dandenov and it's a continuation of his exhibition games.
Bad turnver by Dadonov at the end there, but that was the best pk unit in a while, his movement was good.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
For what it's worth, I think I understand the thing you're trying to say and it's reasonable. On the other hand you should use a bit of judgement in your criticism of others' comments because sometimes when someone means zero offense, it's better to let it slide and focus on those who are actually negatively impacting the culture and discourse.

For instance I've seen a lot of xenophobia and racism against innocent Russian/Belarussian people (civilians) and I've had to speak out or at least frame it in a way that, imo, protects the fundemental rights we should all have. Dismissal of sex assault claims by (what I presume to be) teenager fans who don't what they're saying contributes to the badness of the problem is another thing I try to call out. On the other hand I feel that Logan Mallioux, given his age and the severity of his crime, this point has been at unfairly bullied by lazy pundits and potshot/drive-by artists on social media so I try to call that out too.

But one thing that is lacking in our present culture war is the necessity to be judicious when one criticizes others, particularly those who really don't mean to do harm.

God I wish we had a finished player like Tavares instead of not-finished players like Drouin, Gallagher, Dadanov, Armia, Byron, etc.
Nice assessment.

As for Gallagher, I’d take him out of those conversation, he’s been skating well, I can’t remember his last breakaway (had one yesterday).

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I understand that you're offended. I apologize for that. My intention for sharing this was I felt it was funny. Not to offend anyone. Though the fact that you're mentioning what my uncle said, in the same conversation as these sexual harassment scandals...is mind blowing. One is a criminal offense; I think you can figure out which is which.

I don't plan on changing my style of posting. Since I don't feel I've broken any HFB rules. If I have, I'm sure a moderator will be contacting me shortly. In the meantime, I suggest for your sanity that you block me.
You shouldn't apologize and here is why:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad