Proposal: Habs deals (September Ends)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Dwight King

vs

To Los Angeles: Brian Flynn and 2nd pick 2018

----

To Montreal: Jacob Trouba and Nikolaj Ehlers

vs

To Winnipeg: Max Pacioretty, Charles Hudon, Nathan Beaulieu, 2nd pick 2017 and 3rd pick 2019 turn into a 2nd pick if Trouba sign a long term contract.

----

To Montreal: Tomas Tatar and 4th round pick

vs

To Detroit: Jeff Petry@20% and Sven Andrighetto

overpayment? underpayment?

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
First one isn't needed.

Second and third are overpayment from MTL POV

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Because the Detroit one won't work (salary cap), the Winnipeg one won't work. I like the idea of the Habs adding King for as mush as a 2nd, but they have no need for Flynn, they have too many forwards already.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
First move: Why not, maybe a third instead of a second.
Second move: Hell NO!!! Why would we trade away our best scorer for a third liner. Great move! The gap b/w Trouba and Beaulieu is no where close to the gap of pacs and Ehlers. If anything, jets add.
Third move: Horrible deal for mtl. We get a solid second liner but lose our second best D. Then we add a promising rookie in Ghetto?? lololol

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Montreal: Dwight King

vs

To Los Angeles: Brian Flynn and 2nd pick 2018

----

To Montreal: Jacob Trouba and Nikolaj Ehlers

vs

To Winnipeg: Max Pacioretty, Charles Hudon, Nathan Beaulieu, 2nd pick 2017 and 3rd pick 2019 turn into a 2nd pick if Trouba sign a long term contract.

----

To Montreal: Tomas Tatar and 4th round pick

vs

To Detroit: Jeff Petry@20% and Sven Andrighetto

overpayment? underpayment?
Detroit has no need for Petry that ship sailed awhile ago, If Trouba is available Detroit will be going after him not Petry.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
I think Beaulieu for Tatar made more sense than that. Why trade Petry that we need + a good prospect to only get Tatar ? I'd prefer a 1 for 1 in that situation and Petry is not the one who should be traded...

And no way am I giving the Jets Pacioretty AND Beaulieu for Trouba, even with Ehlers, let alone adding picks.

Especially cause Trouba would be playing behind Weber and doesn't want to play left. He wouldn't sign with us and I doubt Weber would be on the 2nd pair, Therrien would never do that.

First trade, Kings say no. They most likely, and they should, prefer King to Flynn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad