GDT: Habs at Sens (Now, Saturday, October 7th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Lol DJ and the sens org with a big f*** you to their own fans.

Will be funny to watch all their vets rusty and having a slow start again.

Never change ottawa...
Before we start crowing, let’s see if we even win tonight, whomever the Sens play.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Xhekaj traumatized their weak team, good to see.
1570536504-ronaldo-bg-alpha.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I do agree with some of your points, but sincerely not about the forechecking part.
What I was hoping for with Ylonen was for him to become a more productive version of Lekhonen, but his refusal of going anywhere near the dirty areas is hindering his ambitions of becoming a regular in the NHL.

I think it's a mistake to expect Ylonen to play like Lehkonen. They play different styles of hockey. Lehks is a more aggressive forechecker than Ylonen, but it doesn't mean Ylonen isn't a good forechecker.

At this point, he's been surpassed by guys younger than him ( Davidson, Roy, Beck , RHP ) . He's not been cut so far because of his contract, not because of his play in the preseason.

The only one he's been surpassed by in the players you listed is RHP. Because Ylonen has NHL experience (and producing at a good pace) while Davidson and Roy have yet to start their pro careers. And Beck is still in Junior.

They may be more highly touted prospects that if they reach their potential, they will surpass Ylonen (especially if he doesn't progress). But at this moment, Ylonen is ahead of all of them except for RHP.

I think he clears waivers , and if by surprise a team picks him up, it's not a gigantic loss.

I agree that if he is picked up off waivers, it's not going to be a big loss. But I don't think it means that if he stays in the line-up, he's useless like some believe he is.

Last edited:

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I don't understand everybody getting their knickers in a knot over the Sens lineup. They are resting their regulars for the season opener and have every right to do so. If this was backwards no Habs fan would be complaining. It is what it is and the Sens are doing nothing wrong. Boohoo!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't understand everybody getting their knickers in a knot over the Sens lineup. They are resting their regulars for the season opener and have every right to do so. If this was backwards no Habs fan would be complaining. It is what it is and the Sens are doing nothing wrong. Boohoo!
Appears that a bunch of sens fans are pretty upset.... those foolish enough to spend money on pre-season tickets lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They just announced Norris is out indefinitely so definitely look for them to announce signings in a few days. It makes me glad they shut Cole down for the year last year. Norris only got f***ed up by rushing back and re-injuring it. It seems his career is done now.

"The rebuild is done"

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Alright cool
Interested to see RHP up there, he played good with Suzuki
Happy Newhook is back and playing with the Slaf Dach duo, hope they do good
Monahan at 3C let's see, hope Emil helps him out

Glad Matheson is back too
Norlinder Barron should be interesting defensively, but let's see who gets PP1 reps , I assume norlinder PP2 at least

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
A team should be icing their opening night roster in their last pre season game to get them on the same page (especialy a home game). There are lots of other exhibition games to try out crap players. DJ is an imbecile.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
A team should be icing their opening night roster in their last pre season game to get them on the same page (especialy a home game). There are lots of other exhibition games to try out crap players. DJ is an imbecile.

It is also possible that they have seen what they wanted from their top players earlier in the pre season and rest them ahead of opening night. I greatly dislike Smith but it is possible he would have done the same thing against any other team. We could leave him the benefit of the doubt !

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It is also possible that they have seen what they wanted from their top players earlier in the pre season and rest them ahead of opening night. I greatly dislike Smith but it is possible he would have done the same thing against any other team. We could leave him the benefit of the doubt !
They should still play the starting roster together for 1 game, They played most of them in their previous game (except Batherson). That was an away game and you would think the owner would want to see the marketable players dressing at home.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jerks....................what an awful lineup.
Why bother....
Better not see guys running at our players...

At least this time, MSL put Xhekaj and Pez in the line-up.

Last game against the Sens, when they also put all of their minor league guys in the line-up and MSL didn't play neither Xhekaj nor Pez, he said after the game that he wouldn't make that error again.

But also, this is Habs' final preseason games, so they want to get the closest thing to their line-up playing, and that includes Xhekaj and Pez.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Sens fans: "Why should we ice a real lineup in the last preseason game when we could risk injury!"

Okay geniuses... so why even play the game tonight? The roster is set. Tonight's scrubs aren't making the team. All Dorion accomplishes is denying his core a chance to tune up for the season, plus he screws his own fanbase who paid good money to watch a minor league scrimmage.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This was a shorter preseason. Players don't need more rest, they need to get in game-shape and work on chemistry. And as I mentioned, I find it offensive for a team to charge NHL prices to watch their AHL players.

Montreal has no reason to go all-out against scrubs, which makes this game a waste of time. I feel bad for Sens fans who bought tickets hoping for a glimpse of the real season. Honestly, the Habs' roster should phone it in and not work up a sweat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad