Guillaume Latendresse: Nickname Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
GUMMY

As in Gummy Bear
Cause he the puck sticks to his stick and he can't figure out what to do with it..

GUMMY... Guillame

FITS

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I'm fond of Tenderheart.

images

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
Seems another one of those Sens signings that is undeservedly given a spot in the top 6th and soon therafter shows he does not belong there. Fortunately we are not paying him big $ so no biggie if he doesn't work out but we need someone more skilled.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
give the guy a break guys. He plays for our team. don't start this boo your own player when he's down thing. you'll only look dumb in the end and it's not going to make him very happy to play here if it ever reaches him.

he is going to really help our top 6

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
He's a little rusty right now, he's only played 3 games this year and 27 the last 2 years give him some time.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Seems another one of those Sens signings that is undeservedly given a spot in the top 6th and soon therafter shows he does not belong there. Fortunately we are not paying him big $ so no biggie if he doesn't work out but we need someone more skilled.

If there's one thing Latendresse doesn't lack to play in a top-6, it's skills. You will eventually see what I am talking about. Oh and what about that pass on Turris goal?

give the guy a break guys. He plays for our team. don't start this boo your own player when he's down thing. you'll only look dumb in the end and it's not going to make him very happy to play here if it ever reaches him.

he is going to really help our top 6

Who cares? We attract a lot of UFAs anyway :sarcasm:

Seriously, it's dumb when you think of it. Some people whine that we never sign any good UFAs but when we do sign some UFAs (and not the best ones because we can't), we scapegoat them asap at the first sign of weakness. No matter what, some people will always whine. Gosh, I think that's the thing I dislike the most in life : whiners no matter what.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
If there's one thing Latendresse doesn't lack to play in a top-6, it's skills. You will eventually see what I am talking about. Oh and what about that pass on Turris goal?

Who cares? We attract a lot of UFAs anyway :sarcasm:

Seriously, it's dumb when you think of it. Some people whine that we never sign any good UFAs but when we do sign some UFAs (and not the best ones because we can't), we scapegoat them asap at the first sign of weakness. No matter what, some people will always whine. Gosh, I think that's the thing I dislike the most in life : whiners no matter what.

The pass on the Turris goal was magnificent and I've no desire to diminish it or pretend it did not happen as I cheered loudly when it did. Every player from the 4th line up makes a brilliant play every now and again, that is why we look at the totality of their plays when evaluating the body of an individual's work; hopefully leading to greater objectivity. I'm sure Winchester had some great plays when he was playing with the top line as have others. To date, I have found myself more frustrated with Latendresse than pleased. This can change but for now my thought process desires someone who could have buried one of the many chances he has had. I won't apologize for wanting him to capitalize more on his chances nor do I think it is whining to state that.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Does anyone else find Latendresse to always be in the right spot for a pass/shot but flubs it?

Time for a new, longer stick...the one he's been using is pretty short...I also never understood why guys shave the blade down, wider blade=more stick to make contact with puck

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Very surprised to hear Sens fans saying he's not talented enough. He can definitely shoot the puck and dangle, at least he was able to a few years ago.

It was his work ethic and speed that was lacking.

He hasn't played a whole lot these past few years. I hope the Senators are patient with him. I think he can get much better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The pass on the Turris goal was magnificent and I've no desire to diminish it or pretend it did not happen as I cheered loudly when it did. Every player from the 4th line up makes a brilliant play every now and again, that is why we look at the totality of their plays when evaluating the body of an individual's work; hopefully leading to greater objectivity. I'm sure Winchester had some great plays when he was playing with the top line as have others. To date, I have found myself more frustrated with Latendresse than pleased. This can change but for now my thought process desires someone who could have buried one of the many chances he has had. I won't apologize for wanting him to capitalize more on his chances nor do I think it is whining to state that.

Of course every NHL player make good plays and Latendresse has made several of them so far, but unfortunately the pass on Turris goal is the only one that worked out. He had many scoring chances and if only he converted on 2-3 of them, he would be seen as a hero already

Problem he is not in total game shape, not just physically but mentally as well. That's what happens when you battle with injuries for 2 years and there's a half-season lockout the year you get back...

PS : me too I have been frustrated with his lack of finish... I remind him from his MTL and Minny days as a good finisher. He will get hot at some point

Very surprised to hear Sens fans saying he's not talented enough. He can definitely shoot the puck and dangle, at least he was able to a few years ago.

It was his work ethic and speed that was lacking.

He hasn't played a whole lot these past few years. I hope the Senators are patient with him. I think he can get much better.

Well, most Sens fans haven't seen him a lot before, and remind him as a 3rd/4th liner on the Habs (however he was only 19-20 y/o in his first two seasons and scored 16 goals each year)

The thing is Tender only played 31 NHL games in almost 3 calendar years...

Also, we need a bit of time for the Sens to work with him, he will get in better shape soon

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I like his game thus far, he just needs to bury it when he gets the chance and he's had 1 or 2 every game. He probably had more scoring chances than the whole Spezza, Michalek, Silfverberg line combined. Considering his foot speed, if he gets chances to score every game it means that he has hockey IQ.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Shawn Simpson on the Team 1200 doesn't seem to like him much. He keeps ragging on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad