Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Jake Guentzel signs extension with the Lightning (7 years, $9M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
That’s an old core to be joining but I guess it’s a retirement contract anyways. Was convinced he was coming to Vancouver but I’m not even upset the slightest.

Good luck in Tampa and I hope my Canucks add overall depth instead of a big fish.

How is this an old core?

Weird... Tampa didnt want to pay Stamkos in his mid 30s but are gonna ponie up for Gentzel?????

One is 28 the other 34?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I guess this confirms stammer is gone.
The latest theory is TB made the trade to get cost certainty on Guentzel, so we can make one last pitch to Stamkos. Seems like Guentzel was top priority, so JBB wanted to keep as much money free as possible.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So if we’re going to argue for cap restructuring to account for tax differences, should be adjusting the cap also to allow for currency exchange, opportunities for advertisement deals, cost of living, etc? Such a dumb argument.

Don't forget about the Tavares tax. Any team that is a childhood destination for a hockey player gets additional cap penalties.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Now that Pens take on shitty contracts for futures...give us your crap with added picks for future considerations so you can also keep Stamkos.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Great offseason for TB so far barring 10m + for JG. I bet it's 9 or less. Wonder what else they do

Reactions: olli

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So if we’re going to argue for cap restructuring to account for tax differences, should be adjusting the cap also to allow for currency exchange, opportunities for advertisement deals, cost of living, etc? Such a dumb argument.
HOW f***ING DARE YOU BRING LOGIC INTO THIS CONVERSATION! Don't you use the calculator and know about the 14%? Don't you know like 7 people talked about how unfair this is in the last 22 years? How dare you actually have a grain of logic and understanding, and not just blindly use confirmation bias and homerism to realize how EVIL and UNFAIR taxes are to the League and players! Get of here

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The arrogance Canucks fans had when they were just assuming that Guentzel loved JR so much that he'd snub every other team to sign there is hilarious to me.

Well that but also apparently Guentzel was hoping to come here at the TDL.

Wouldve been a great fit here imo, young team with a good window to win, but Tampa is obviously a great team that can win too & if theyre going to 10M AAV I don't think we could've gotten there. Nvm the tax difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00