Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Jake Guentzel signs extension with the Lightning (7 years, $9M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The arrogance Canucks fans had when they were just assuming that Guentzel loved JR so much that he'd snub every other team to sign there is hilarious to me.
Super arrogant of Canucks fans to force Seravalli, Friedman and pretty much every other pundit to make separate statements suggesting Vancouver would be a front runner.

These fans are diabolical

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
yamcha-1195527.jpg

live look at the city of vancouver

Looks like someone bending over at wreck beach

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Super arrogant of Canucks fans to force Seravalli, Friedman and pretty much every other pundit to make separate statements suggesting Vancouver would be a front runner.

These fans are diabolical

Wow, almost like that's literally not what I said.

Canucks fans are just coping that their Guentzel fantasies didn't end up reality.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Man I feel for Stamkos. They really did him dirty. Not only replaced him but tried to get him to sign that insult of an offer. He’s gone for sure now. How do you honestly negotiate in good faith knowing TB had this lined up.
Do they have the money for Guentzel and Stamkos? Tampa could be seriously dangerous again next year if they manage both.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Not going to happen, and taxes have jack shit to do with it. This is a myth, that has been refuted numerous times by different agents and actual accountants.

Only people still moaning about taxes are Canadian fans and media, who can't get over the fact that there are more attractive places to play hockey than Canada.

Yeah, blame Canada. How many Canadian NHLers that played their career isnthe US stay in the US after retiring? I'd say close to 90%. How many Americans stay in Canada after their career is over? I'd say close to 0%.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Have to give Tampa credit for being so aggressive with their moves.

My last remaining hope is that Frank is high on his own supply again. But the phrasing has me pretty certain it is going down.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Aren't you the guy that was convinced Guentzel would be getting Hoglander, Lekkermaki and two 1sts from Vancouver the deadline?

"So he hasn’t signed yet? Clearly Tampa had an offer handed to him immediately. Jake stated last trade deadline he wanted to go to Vancouver and they wanted him as well. Now both have the opportunity to make it happen.

If he hasn’t signed by now it’s not happening"

Maybe Canucks fans shouldn't be making these kind of posts if they don't want to get mocked for those posts if/when they end up untrue.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Man I feel for Stamkos. They really did him dirty. Not only replaced him but tried to get him to sign that insult of an offer. He’s gone for sure now. How do you honestly negotiate in good faith knowing TB had this lined up.
Yeah, but you also have to remember that this is a business. Signing aging players to big contracts because they're good people is why teams start to suck major ass and have it seem like it's cyclical.

I'm assuming you'll see more and more teams start dumping players like this.

Reactions: stats1

mrdomino

Begrudgingly, a Canucks fan
Oct 13, 2020
"So he hasn’t signed yet? Clearly Tampa had an offer handed to him immediately. Jake stated last trade deadline he wanted to go to Vancouver and they wanted him as well. Now both have the opportunity to make it happen.

If he hasn’t signed by now it’s not happening"

Maybe Canucks fans shouldn't be making these kind of posts if they don't want to get mocked for those posts if/when they end up untrue.
calm down son it's an internet message board about a game where grown men slap a rubber disc with inanimate carbon fiber rods

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah, but you also have to remember that this is a business. Signing aging players to big contracts because they're good people is why teams start to suck major ass and have it seem like it's cyclical.

I'm assuming you'll see more and more teams start dumping players like this.

JBB just needed to be up front about it. He wasn't very transparent about Stamkos being a non-priority

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Nobody talked about the tax advantage with the Florida Panthers when they sucked for almost 20 years straight and didn't find free agents any easier than Minnesota f***ing Wild.

Tampa is still a pretty good team with top players. They have nice weather. You are not crowded by the media, or chased down by the fans on the streets. I wonder why players like it?

It’s really not rocket science.
Players want to play on good teams.
Tax benefits are not looked upon by players when the team they’d be committing to is bad. When the team becomes good however they become a factor as we’ve seen in all of Tampa, Florida and Vegas.
Conversely we’ve seen that bad teams in Arizona also haven’t benefited from this.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
JBB just needed to be up front about it. He wasn't very transparent about Stamkos being a non-priority
True, but could have been an actual priority and then he didn't think Guentzel would be an option, but now he is and things changed.

The insiders like to save their ass and save everything is "fluid" and maybe this was one of those situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00