Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Jake Guentzel signs extension with the Lightning (7 years, $9M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mrdomino

Begrudgingly, a Canucks fan
Oct 13, 2020
yamcha-1195527.jpg

live look at the city of vancouver

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Here's to a tax based Salary Cap in the new CBA.
Not going to happen, and taxes have jack shit to do with it. This is a myth, that has been refuted numerous times by different agents and actual accountants.

Only people still moaning about taxes are Canadian fans and media, who can't get over the fact that there are more attractive places to play hockey than Canada.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Not going to happen, and taxes have jack shit to do with it. This is a myth, that has been refuted numerous times by different agents and actual accountants.

Only people still moaning about taxes are Canadian fans and media, who can't get over the fact that there are more attractive places to play hockey than Canada.
I think the fan attention and pressure has more to do with it than the tax advantages. The agents do a pretty good job of hiding that money.

Reactions: 1 person

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think the fan attention and pressure has more to do with it than the tax advantages. The agents do a pretty good job of hiding that money.
Nobody talked about the tax advantage with the Florida Panthers when they sucked for almost 20 years straight and didn't find free agents any easier than Minnesota f***ing Wild.

Tampa is still a pretty good team with top players. They have nice weather. You are not crowded by the media, or chased down by the fans on the streets. I wonder why players like it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00