Confirmed with Link: Guentzel's rights traded to Tampa for 25 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Dr. Samuel Johnson is right about Olson Johnson's being right. Guentzel kept his ask low enough that he doesn't scare away his preferred teams. Must've been a nasty shock if/when our guys met it. Gotta wonder if they did it partially out of spite in case they were suspecting that Guentzel may be acting in mala fide.

Or, perhaps, malahide.

1719750395556.png

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Its pretty bleak in here today, did we give up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd against WInnipeg or something?
Even worse...a 2 goal lead to the Rongos.

Are some of you this negative and/or emotional in real life? I’ve always wondered.
They did close down dorthia dix :sarcasm:

Friedman definitely makes it sound like if we just agreed at 8x8 awhile ago we’d have him. For better or for worse we f’d around and found out. We didn’t say until Thursday we’d give him the deal he wanted awhile ago. By then teams are talking to him. We don’t have the luxury of playing that way with the big time players.

If this is TD I hope for the future he got his wings clipped and he learns from it. I doubt it.

Moving on. We’ll still be a good team.
Yeah, you can't do this with the girl everyone wants to dance with.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
Dr. Samuel Johnson is right about Olson Johnson's being right. Guentzel kept his ask low enough that he doesn't scare away his preferred teams. Must've been a nasty shock if/when our guys met it. Gotta wonder if they did it partially out of spite in case they were suspecting that Guentzel may be acting in mala fide.
IMG_0128.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, you can't do this with the girl everyone wants to dance with.
Eventually they're going to learn that you can't play these kinds of games with top end talent because they are always going to find a top end deal somewhere because that's their worth. You don't nickel and dime the players that are in highest demand in this league and hope to actually keep or land them.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Eventually they're going to learn that you can't play these kinds of games with top end talent because they are always going to find a top end deal somewhere because that's their worth. You don't nickel and dime the players that are in highest demand in this league and hope to actually keep or land them.
Eventually fans will realize that some players prefer to play elsewhere and the cheap talk is well worn out and proven as untrue

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Eventually fans will realize that some players prefer to play elsewhere and the cheap talk is well worn out and proven as untrue
I am of the belief that Carolina should be a "go-to" market.

Carolina has great in-season weather (well not this month but Florida is a hot box too btw), fantastic/exuberant fans, great in-market people (I rate NC as the best State in the US), great place to raise a family with good Triangle schools, & by 2025 will rank just after the non-tax states for lower taxes, etc.

Owners matter.....lots of examples of downtrodden markets in professional sports turning around with the right owner creating an environment in which top players want to go there versus the "top" markets such as NY, LA, etc.

What the Canes are lacking right now is an owner that markets to players versus one that has to negotiate with every agent & who has to win every deal (like he is in the sub-prime/private equity business). Dundon appears to be an introvert with articles stating he has "no friends" and that is a negative when you are leading a people business (good for drafts though).

FWIW: I also think losing DW who is a top shelf person, takes away the human side of the franchise and that is a loss.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I am of the belief that Carolina should be a "go-to" market.

Carolina has great in-season weather (well not this month but Florida is a hot box too btw), fantastic/exuberant fans, great in-market people (I rate NC as the best State in the US), good place to raise a family with good Triangle schools, & by 2025 will rank just after the non-tax states for lower taxes, etc.

Owners matter.....lots of examples of downtrodden markets in professional sports turning around with the right owner creating an environment in which top players want to go there versus the "top" markets such as NY, LA, etc.

What the Canes are lacking right now is an owner that markets to players versus one that has to negotiate with every agent & who has to win every deal (like he is in the sub-prime/private equity business). Dundon appears to be an introvert with articles stating he has "no friends" and that is a negative when you are leading a people business (good for drafts though).

FWIW: I also think losing DW who is a top shelf person, takes away the human side of the franchise and that is a loss.
Being a go to market doesn’t mean everyone wants to come here. We have a good market that players want to play in.

Tampa still has the best extras in the game. That matters to players. Tom D has spent a ton to up our extras but I doubt they match TBs.

folks are reading too much into tom D with very little information to try to make an excuse for 2 players who chose elsewhere

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Guentzel you good sleezy negotiator you… If I’m Canes management today I throw a Hail Mary and say f*** you, here’s a 8x8.5M deal Guentz.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Guentzel you good sleezy negotiator you… If I’m Canes management today I throw a Hail Mary and say f*** you, here’s a 8x8.5M deal Guentz.
Or we could get a pick or something out of signing him to an 8 x whatevts contract and trading him to his preferred team before the Free Agency starts.

Reactions: geehaad

Rick Davis

Dec 31, 2020
Time to face it fellow Caniacs if FA negotiations for desired players involves teams from Florida we’re going to lose every time. For our particular market it’s best to build from within our system and make hockey trades when available…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad