Value of: Gudbranson with retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're not so desperate to get rid of him that we're going to retain a significant amount for a paltry return. He can fit the standard "#7D mentor" throwaway role just fine while he's here, and replacing him isn't going to save us cap space in any case. That damage is already done.

If you want to take him without retention, heck yeah we're listening. But otherwise, there's not much point.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
We're not so desperate to get rid of him that we're going to retain a significant amount for a paltry return. He can fit the standard "#7D mentor" throwaway role just fine while he's here, and replacing him isn't going to save us cap space in any case. That damage is already done.
...Yeah, it's kindof like Savard in a way, but about 10 times more obvious due to bigger caphit + 1 more year.

Reactions: Viqsi

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Instead of Gudbranson with retention could the Jackets interest you in an Andrew Peeke ($2.75m x 3 years) without retention?

Like Gudbranson, Peeke is (1) big-bodied, (2) right-handed, and (3) can block shots. But unlike Gudbranson, Peeke could serve as an inspiration to young fans of your team who will see him and say "wow if Andrew Peeke can become an NHL player then surely I can too!"

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
On the plus side, he's been much better this year. However, given the way the CBJ seem to be intent on playing veteran players over young players that need experience, I don't see him getting moved. He's good in the room, plays hard (just not really well), and can be a mentor. Wish it was a 3 year deal when signed and still wish that. Such is life.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
On the plus side, he's been much better this year. However, given the way the CBJ seem to be intent on playing veteran players over young players that need experience, I don't see him getting moved. He's good in the room, plays hard (just not really well), and can be a mentor. Wish it was a 3 year deal when signed and still wish that. Such is life.
I'd have been good with half of either the term or the AAV. But yeah, that's been discussed to death already.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad