Euro: Group C: Serbia vs. England

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Result?

• Serbia

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • England

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One thing you can definitely say about the subs is that they are blocking way more passes and shots because these guys are willing to put their face in front of the ball if they have to. Bit of a negative mindset overall by Southgate though.

Reactions: luiginb

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
England today reminds me of Germany in the 90s, get the result, don't look good even against middling opposition, but difficult team to actually score on never mind beat. But can be at risk of unforeseen setbacks due to the style of play.

Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
England will be pleased that they won, but that wasn't a convincing performance.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Serbia team looked like a team without a coach, players trying to do too much individually, their (limited offensively) center backs playing as attacking midfielders.

England looked like a team with a Middlesbrough-level manager. The football gods will never allow them to win anything with that guy on the bench.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
England did just enough to win and not a pound more. Not the worst strategy for the first game of their tourney against Serbia but I expect they'll have to do better to get a result against Denmark.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
If Southgate were smart, he’d play Saka on the left against Denmark and bring Palmer in for Foden.

Given that he’s not smart, he should swap Foden for Gordon.
This is England who wasted a decade of football trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together when it was painfully obvious it wasn't working.

Doesn't matter how badly Foden doesn't fit, not a single manager would dare starting him on the bench.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
How many times did England look on the brink of opportunity only to flub the final ball? An easy half dozen I’d say. So yeah, I mean they didn’t look good, but it’s a lot more solveable than people are acting.

Reactions: al secord

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is England who wasted a decade of football trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together when it was painfully obvious it wasn't working.

Doesn't matter how badly Foden doesn't fit, not a single manager would dare starting him on the bench.
Wrong.

They wasted a decade of football trying to play Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham together when it was painfully obvious it wasn’t working. ;)

It’s funny. For years their “golden generation” had too much midfield talent. Now they’re stacked on the wings.

The common denominator? Poor managing.

Serious question. Who was the last good manager England had?

Reactions: Karterthadon

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Bellingham and Saka the standouts mostly for the first 30 minutes. Guehi good throughout. Foden poor. Bowen decent off the bench but suprised he came on over Palmer.

Dropped way too deep towards the end of the first half and all of the second. Need Shaw back at LB, maybe Gordon for Foden. An actual CM for TAA.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
A lot of good commentary here.

I don't think I can add anything.

England should be OK against their next 2 opponents, but they haven't impressed anyone yet.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bellingham seemed to have to come all the way back behind Rice and TAA to help out defensively.. He was everywhere.

If he's needed there they may as well just play him alongside Rice and put TAA on the bench. Bring someone else into the 10..

Or just start Gallagher and see if that works better than TAA..

As others have said, Guehi was really good.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
The astonishing thing is that Foden is probably the best player in the Premier League, with Southgate he seems like any other player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad