Value of: Granlund, Roslovic, Dickinson (CHI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Dickinson's value is a 2nd, but I could see the Hawks keeping him instead. They like what he brings and have a lot of 2nd and 3rd round picks in the near future.

Sorry, no Haiku for you.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Roslovic is on an expiring contract and just back from injury. His move to wing seemed to do him well for his overall game. CBJ as a team improved over the last few weeks while he was out so we'll have to see where/how he fits but he wasn't playing poorly, just not a 2C like we had hoped. He's better suited for the wing, appears to be about a 0.5pt/gm type guy. So figure 40-50 points and can play the PK. His move to wing hurts value a little but I think people will see he is an amazing skater, can carry the puck, has improved (not great but not terrible any more) in all three zones. I think he'll get a 2nd when moved. Maybe a 3rd or a former high end prospect that also might need a change of scenery (although CBJ really doesn't need more bodies).

I think CBJ looks to grab future assets with a player like Jack.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Dickinson is the sort of player that teams would actually go out and get at the deadline. Guys who can play a responsible 2-way bottom-9 role, take some faceoffs, kill some penalties, whatever.

The other two...even with max retention, or even double-retention with a middleman, are distinctly not the type of players that teams load up with at the deadline. They're soft, defensively iffy Top-9 offensive-oriented filler guys. There's just no need for more players like that on quality, contending teams at the deadline. They're either looking for bona fide Top-6 improvements that push other players down the lineup...or they're looking for Bottom-6 role players, physicality, tone-setters, grit, Penalty Killers, faceoff aces, etc. They don't need powerplay mooches and offensive complementary filler.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would say a 2nd for Dickinson

I don't know what the hell happened to him in Vancouver that ended with Nucks giving Hawks a 2nd to take him but he has been nothing but excellent in Chicago

And this year with shitshow of team he has a career high in goals (12) and is on track to have career high in pts all while leading Hawks forwards with +8 (Only two other Hawk forwards are +)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Roslovic has shown a lot more edge and two-way commitment this year. He seems to have had a moment of realization. You see him battling and putting his shoulders into opponents.

If I trusted that he could keep it up, I would want to keep him in Columbus. He's blazing fast with a great shot, great transition ability, that player with a battle level is a player everyone wants.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Dickinson is the sort of player that teams would actually go out and get at the deadline. Guys who can play a responsible 2-way bottom-9 role, take some faceoffs, kill some penalties, whatever.

The other two...even with max retention, or even double-retention with a middleman, are distinctly not the type of players that teams load up with at the deadline. They're soft, defensively iffy Top-9 offensive-oriented filler guys. There's just no need for more players like that on quality, contending teams at the deadline. They're either looking for bona fide Top-6 improvements that push other players down the lineup...or they're looking for Bottom-6 role players, physicality, tone-setters, grit, Penalty Killers, faceoff aces, etc. They don't need powerplay mooches and offensive complementary filler.
Is there another Granlund in the league? Because Mikael is far from defensively icky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad