Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
For Gods sake, his wife is from San Jose. He played there for years.
So? Maybe he doesnt want to go to a bottle feeder team after playing on top teams for the last 5 seasons?

And 15 teams is a lot of teams to put on his list.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If he clears waivers I think they save over 1.1M, if hes buried

Correct me if i am wrong peeps
He can't be buried until next season starts, and he'd need to clear waivers again by then.

If he clears today, it just means we have to find a different route to get rid of him, whether it's by trade or buyout. I doubt a demotion to the AHL will be the answer, as it only saves us 1.15 mil, most of which will be used by his replacement.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
If he clears waivers I think they save over 1.1M, if hes buried

Correct me if i am wrong peeps

Typically this should play out in this order:

1) Waived - to see if any team wants him for free
2) Trade - Trade to team (that either he approves or isn't on the NTC) with either retention, or taking back contract(s)
3A) Buyout - wrinkle in this one is the Rangers backloaded the contract, so they would get a cap credit next year, but then have a caphit the following 5 years (-250k, 1M, 3.5M, 1.1M, 1.1M, 1.1M)
3B) Bury in AHL - 1.150M of his salary would be cleared from the caphit when/if in the AHL next year (would be waived during training camp, still a part of NYR's cap with 10% offseason cushion)
3C) Stays in the NHL on the Rangers for a caphit of 3.6M or repeat options 1-3 next year
3D) Robidas Island - If has a legitimate injury, is put on LTIR
3E) Mike Richards/Voynov: Travels across borders with controlled substances or commits another felony, contract voided
3F) Nick Bonino - Goodrow retires and voids his contract and moves to a farm upstate w/ Nick Bonino.

Last edited:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I guess in addition to the buyout, there is the option out there of trading Goodrow w salary retention.

Either way I have a hard time seeing him being on the team this Fall after this.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I am kinda surprised he got put on waivers in the first place, but it is the appropriate move to try to remove his entire salary. Never should have been signed in the first place but if they get out of the the next 3 years of his deal then fine.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
When do we know for sure?

iu

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

2) Trade - Trade to team (that either he approves or isn't on the NTC) with either retention, or taking back contract(s)
3A) Buyout - wrinkle in this one is the Rangers backloaded the contract, so they would get a cap credit next year, but then have a caphit the following 5 years (-250k, 1M, 3.5M, 1.1M, 1.1M, 1.1M)
3B) Bury in AHL - 1.150M of his salary would be cleared from the caphit when if in the AHL next year
3C) Stays in the NHL on the Rangers for a caphit of 3.6M or repeat options 1-3 next year
3D) Robidas Island - If has a legitimate injury, is put on LTIR
3E) Mike Richards/Voynov: Travels across borders with controlled substances or commits another felony, contract voided
3F) Nick Bonino - Goodrow retires and voids his contract and moves to a farm upstate w/ Nick Bonino.
Wouldn't a trade be tried first? If I won't pick him up for nothing I certainly wouldn't trade for him.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

The other way around, even if you have to pay a small price to move a player you usually do that before putting said player on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad